• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid x2 Notification bar messed up?

Vgarcia

Lurker
Oct 17, 2011
i was playing angry birds on my droid x2 which i got about a week and 2 days ago and when i exited the game my notifications bar is really messed up and when i pull it down the whole thing is messed up.

Any ideas what caused this?
when the bar is pulled up everything on the screen but the bar at the top is fine.

(info: no root no custom roms or anything)

Welcome to the forums, Vgarcia. Glad you signed up. :)

I'd first try a live battery pull.. which is to remove the battery while the phone is on. With the X2 it's best to first lock the screen, then pull off the battery cover, then awaken the screen and carefully pull the little red battery tab to dislodge the battery.

Wait about a minute, then put the battery back in and boot up.

If that did not remedy the issue, I'd go into recovery mode and clear cache:

Carefully follow these steps with the phone turned off...

1. Power down your Droid X2
  2. Push and hold Power + Volume Down while powering up, until "Fast Boot" appears at the top of the screen, then release both buttons.
  3. Push Volume Down 7 times to scroll to "Android Recovery"
  4. Push Volume Up to select.
  5. Push and hold Volume Up + Volume Down to access the Recovery Menu.
  6. Now simply use the Volume Up and Down buttons to scroll. Use the Power button to execute your selection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones