• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DroidCam not working with usb

nignog

Lurker
Aug 8, 2017
Hi, I got a headache trying to make DroidCam work with the usb, I read all kind of tutorials on the internet in order to configure it to work but I still get errors and what not.

I own an allview x3 soul lite, downloaded droid cam client for windows PC and installed the app on my phone , it works with wifi but with the usb just won't....

I enabled usb debugging, start the cam and it says:
daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037
daemon started successfully
Then I get a No device detected error.

The closer I got to make it work was when I installed Android Studio and did all kind of settings from a tutorial with adb and all kind of commands in cmd , I managed to get my device detected but then the problem was that the adb server version was outdated...

Why is this so complicated? DroidCam has already ADB but why my device won't get detected? I installed the usb driver for my device but still...

Any help would be appreciated. thx

Last edited:
I installed the usb driver from my phone but I get an error yet still says the driver is working properly but still can't find my device in cmd with adb devices... and when I launch droid cam, it uses the adb from droid cam and still can't find my device..
driver.png fail install adb.jpg android adb.jpg

Upvote 0
I am also having these problems.
Android 6.0.1 (LG Tribute HD)
Windows 7 Home Premium - SP1 (Toshiba Satelleite A505)

This is what I have done so far;

1) Install droidcam app on phone
2) Install droidcam PC client
3) Install specific adb driver listed o0n dev47 droidcam help page
4) Tried to install Toshiba specific driver (windows said driver is already updated...)
5) Set phone to "developer mode"
6) Went into dev mode settings to change FTP to PTP
7) Tried to connect - failed
8) Watched video about how to, guy said make sure 0.0.0.0 is in IP field
9) Tried again, failed
10) Deb47 says try to end "adb.exe" process and try again...failed
11) Restarted phone and reconnected...failed
12) Tried to match the port on the phone app with the pc client, FAILED.

I swear to god, for $20-40 for a new webcam, THIS BULLCRAP IS NOT WORTH MY TIME!!! Why does EVERYTHING I do more advanced than saving a file have to be so god damned complicated!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had wo mic Installed I found 3 files similar which were in droid cams adb folder ,
I copied those 3 files from wo mic and replaced them with droid cams adb folders 3 files .

I have attached screen shot please have look and use droidcams updated drivers .
Please uninstall mobiles drivers and reinstall it .
and enter 0.0.0.0 in wifi first then move to usb as in my mobiles client it was 0.0.0.0 I entered it in desktops clients folder

for using wo mics folder the signature update of windows 7 64 bit update of this link is required -Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64

https://download.microsoft.com/down...F02-B2A9A1238099/Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.msu

in any problem you may revert me back thank you and enjoy

Attachments

• File replaced  from wo mics folder to droidcams adb folder.PNG
    File replaced from wo mics folder to droidcams adb folder.PNG
    110.3 KB · Views: 4,953
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones