• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dropped S3 in water. Now battery life is very low.

pieq314

Nov 23, 2010
Hi All,

I unfortunately dropped my 6-month Galaxy S3 in water last night. I dried it and it appeared to work fine.

But today, I found out that its battery life is extremely low!!!! Even when it is on standby, I estimated that the batter will last only about 4 hours!

The lower 1/3 of the phone (the part below the battery compartment) is warm. So there may be some short circuit there, or some software option was triggered. Please also note that if I power the phone down, that part of the phone will be cool.

What are your opinions? Should I further dry it? Or some software settings to try? Or the phone is hopeless from this point on in terms of its battery life?

Thanks!

Immediately shut it off and pull the battery/sd card/sim card.
Put it into a bag of rice for a few days.:)
Sorry about the water immersion:(

Do the rice thing and read this too:
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/719129-dropped-my-gs3-in-water-no-change-indicators.html

Edit: sorry about the shortness of my post there. I just wanted you to get the device into something that will draw out the water as soon as possible.:)

Suffice to say that water is not good for a device such as ours, so just be prepared for the worst and hope for the best :)

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones