• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DX - 595 Camera Resolution Settings

That's how it works on mine. I clicked the camera button and it opened a dialog window showing me the stock camera, vignette and the ticker on the bottom for which makes whichever app you click on the default app. I even continue clicking the camera button and it opens vignette.

I'm not running anything special. Just the official GB with my home screen replacement app and of course Bouchigo's mods.

Upvote 0
That's how it works on mine. I clicked the camera button and it opened a dialog window showing me the stock camera, vignette and the ticker on the bottom for which makes whichever app you click on the default app. I even continue clicking the camera button and it opens vignette.

I'm not running anything special. Just the official GB with my home screen replacement app and of course Bouchigo's mods.

I read somewhere else that someone with Vignette did that. I guess camera360 doesn't offer that option, at least not the free version.

Maybe I'll try vignette as access to the camera button is a nice thing.

Upvote 0
That would be the only thing I could suggest Lex. Like I said, I'm not running anything different than anyone else at this point. The only thing I don't like about vignette is how it zooms. It doesn't pull the image closer to you like other cameras do but rather it uses a view finder box and has it close in on the area your shooting.

Upvote 0
correct, camera360 doesn't offer that option in the free version

I figured that out. When I installed Vignette (full), I got the choice of defaulting to Vignette, Camera 360 (free) or Camera.

Subsequently, I've decided on Vignette over Camera360.

When I installed Vignette (3rd party camera app) and I click the hardware camera button, it brings up a choice box asking if I want to go to camera or vignette. The checkbox to set the default is there too. So I checked the box, chose Vignette and now every time I click the hardware camera button, Vignette comes up directly and I just take my pictures using that app.

Shouldn't really have to go through that or spend the money for a 3rd party app, but until this is fixed (which it won't be for a while since we just got an update), there's really not many options. The only other option that makes any sense is to just take your pictures in 5MP Widescreen.

Changing the resolution every time you open the camera app isn't at all a viable option.

Personally, I'll accept this as a solution I'm willing to live with.

I still think it's a bug.

I actually created a thread on the motorola forums. The motorola forum host, Matt, says he'll "report it".

I'm interested to see his response.

Thread is here:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/51456

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones