• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DX reset after number change.

I am moving soon and called Verizon and had a new number setup. I then dialed *228 and did the setup. After it told me I had to reboot it did a factory reset. I had to redo my phone. Why did that happen?

It is something that they put in for security. I had it happen as well since I was moving from another carrier and did not want to port my number until I was sure I was going to keep the phone. At the time I told them I wished there was a choice if you wanted to do it.

Reactions: thatperson
Upvote 0
The MIN for my phone matches my cellular number exactly.. Anyone else have MIN that matches their phone number?

Did you call Big Red (Verizon) and ask them if it matters?

My MIN is NOTHING like my phone number. Not a single digit is the same. But that may be because my number was ported from Cricket, then T-Mobile, to Verizon years ago.

Were you a new Verizon customer with the Droid X? Maybe that's why the MIN matches your phone number. Hmmmmmm

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones