• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DX2 Notification bar disappeared after metamorph..sbf? NEED HELP!

Nick888

May 2, 2011
okay i installed a metamorph icon for my notification bar. for some reason my notification bar is gone. im not worried about how this happend im just focusing on how to fix it..i really need to get this fixed!! is there a way to get it back or will i have to sbf? im such a noob at this stuff and i feel like im screwed because i have a mac. everything is working FINE except that the bar is gone..i can get into apps and recovery and everything..PLEASE TEL LME HOW TO FIX THIS!! )':

Try some of these methods and see if they work for ya. :rolleyes:

1. Restore your phone with a current backup (If you have one)
from the recovery menu. Make sure to wipe/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache BEFORE restoring. Then reboot.

2. If you have ROM Toolbox installed go to that and go to Interface> Icon Changer, hit the options button on the bottom of your phone, hit Restore, then select Stats Bar, after its done, hit Restor Icons. Reboot.

3. Do an SBF on the phone. This will POSTIVLEY fix this problem, BUT you'll lose all your data unless you have a nandroid Backup of your phone. If you do, SBF, and install a recovery system, then boot into recovery, and hit restore system from backup. then reboot. If you dont know how to SBF heres tutorial on how. Id reccomend using the Gingerbread 2.3.4 SBF file mostly cause thats what most ROMs run off of. Heres the link for the tutorial - HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2 - xda-developers

If you need any help make sure to contact me and I'll try to help you the best I can! Hoped this helped! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones