• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dysfunctional Add Key

I think you are having an issue with terminology here?

A widget is a specific type of application that runs on your home screens and does certain functions.

A shortcut to application is not a widget.

If you want to add an application to your home screen, you can bring it up in the applications menu, long press the application until it vibrates, and then it will be floating on the home screen and you can place it where you wish.

Or, you can, on the homescreen, long press, then press shortcuts, then application.

For a widget, you longpress the home screen, then hit widget.

Upvote 0
I understand the long hold to et an app to the home screen. In order to add folders, direct dial shortcuts and stuff I have to go to menu and press the ADD button. It does not work. I cannot add anything. Even if I want to set up shortcuts, whenever I go to the home screen, go to menu, I see 5 items, ADD, wallpaper, search, notifications and settings. The add button does not function

Upvote 0
Sorry, ignorance is not bliss. What is rooted?

Okay, obviously not. Don't worry about it... my recommendation is to call Motorola support to see if they can't help you out. They're usually very helpful... their Android Support line is 1-800-734-5870. If they can't help you the next step would be a hard reset.
They should be able to help you out, but let me know how that goes!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones