• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

E: signature verification failed

jennison

Lurker
May 14, 2012
I have a Samsung Galaxy S 4g and trying to Flash a Custom Recovery But everything I've tried keeps telling me E: signature Failed. I'm currently running 2.3.3. The phone is Rooted just need HELP getting this problem fixed. XDA doesn't know how to respond to your posts.

On Galaxy S with Gingerbread, you have Recovery 3e which requires the ZIP files to be digitally signed otherwise it wouldn't allow you to install unsigned ZIP.

You should first get rid of 3e recovery. I have personally installed ROM Manager from market and using it , I have CWM recovery which allows you to toggle signature verification so that you can install unsigned ZIP.

After you install CWM, click it and select Reboot into CWM recovery. From there you can do what you want.

I hope this helps

Upvote 0
Hey y'all!!! I FINALLY took the leap of faith and rooted my Samsung Tap Pro 8.4 on Sunday - with success - yaay!

Now, the novice is trying to upgrade from Kit Kat to Marshmallow (stop laughing). I installed Clockworkmod ROM Manager (Premium), Titanium backup. I've tried following directions on Wiki on updating using Heimdall and Odin. I've downloaded the stable version of Cyangenmod but every time I try to install the zip file I keep getting the "e-signature unable to verify" error message.

At the point of throwing the damn thing in the garbage and walking away - is there an app that could update a rooted tablet without having to spend literally four days trying to do this??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones