1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ear Scout - Mic to Headphones

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by emailiorino, Feb 11, 2020.

1. emailiorino

emailiorino Lurker

Amplifies sound from the mic to your headphones.

Use the graphical equalizer and spectrum analyzer to fine-tune what you hear.

Turns your phone into a remote hearing device when used with Bluetooth headphones.

Please leave a review of you try the app.

Unforgiven likes this.
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

do you have a play store link? maybe some screenshots of your app would also help.

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

emailiorino and mikedt like this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

FYI your app crashes on my Huawei Mate 10, and doesn't run. What happens, it shows its start screen for a second, and then it crashes back to the phone home screen. My phone is running Android 10.

#5 mikedt, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    emailiorino and ocnbrze like this.
  6. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Nice looking app.
    It loads up fine, but upon starting it asks for permission to record audio.
    As soon as permission is given, the app crashes- and when reopened it crashes again immediately.

I checked the app settings, and saw that there was also a permission for storage. I allowed this as well, then tried it again.

The app loaded, but crashed as soon as it was activated.

ZTE 558VL
    Android 7.1.1

#6 puppykickr, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    emailiorino and mikedt like this.
  7. emailiorino

emailiorino Lurker

Thanks for trying the app and the feedback. The bug should be fixed now for Android 9+. No crashes showing up yet for Android 7. A more full post about this app will follow.

#7 emailiorino, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    mikedt likes this.
  8. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

I just tried it again, with the very same results.
    I am using 7.1.1

mikedt likes this.
  9. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Letting you know the updated version now works on my Huawei Mate 10 with Android 10

10. emailiorino

emailiorino Lurker

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=superhearing.app

[​IMG]

Thanks for letting me know that it works on on Android 10.
    Android 7.1 still crashing will be investigated now.
    The app will be updated regularly until it works seamlessly on all Android versions.
    Your feedback is much appreciated.

puppykickr and mikedt like this.

Ear Scout: Super Hearing

Ear Scout: Super Hearing Forum

superhearing.app

The ultimate super hearing app. Put on some Bluetooth headphones, click on the center button, and you can hear what your phone's microphone is picking up. Whether you want to responsibly audio-monitor your environment, hear the TV and conversations better (non-medical hearing aid), or just listen to birdsong from indoors, Ear Scout amplifies and streams the audio from the mic to your Bluetooth headset (mic-to-headphone) in real time for remote super hearing. HEADPHONES REQUIRED. To avoid awful audio feedback you need to use headphones. SAFETY FEATURE. After starting the app the volume increases gently to the set level. This way you have time to adjust to high gain settings from the previous session. REVIEWS: Please review the app if you try it. Ear Scout amplifies sound coming through your phone's microphone straight to your earphones (direct mic-to-headphones audio routing). To fine-tune the incoming signal, use the audio equalizer. DISCLAIMER. This app is for non-harmful remote hearing via Bluetooth (e.g. listening to nature / property monitoring) and sound amplification (non-medical hearing aid), not to listen in on private conversations. Please use Ear Scout responsibly. Don't forget to leave a review.

READ MORE
March 24, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
Installs