• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Earphone bug/problem?!

Two days ago, my Android started to act kinda strange: On the Top right on the screen it says my earphone is plugged in, but it isn't... Plugging in an actual earphone or rebooting or updating doesn't help. I hope there is someone with similair problems, who already solved the problem.

Phone: HTC Hero

Thanks!

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem a few weeks after I first had my Hero. I tried the same as you but in the end I had to send it off to be repaired coming to the conclusion it was a hardware problem with the switch in the headphone socket.

However, the repair centre reinstalled the firmware and it was fine after that. It may still be a hardware issue, but I would suggest maybe backing up your stuff and then downloading the firmware image off the HTC site and seeing if that resolves it first.

I've not had the issue return since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones