• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Easiest way to get push mail

Policenauts

Lurker
Dec 12, 2010
My main email account that I use is my hotmail one. I am currently using the mail application which comes with my HTC. After checking the settings it seems its set to POP3. Am guessing this is not push mail yet.

My question, is it possible to use the mail widget to use push mail with my hotmail account. Additionally is the microsoft exchange activesync for pushmail?

Thanks

The Gmail app supports push mail. What I do is just forward my primary email account to my Gmail account. That way I get notified the moment I receive an email.

I also configure Gmail so that when I send an email, it shows my primary email address instead of the Gmail address in the from field of the email I send. That way, it looks like I'm using my primary email account instead of my Gmail account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones