• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Easy Notepad Notes app

MyPoorAndy

Jul 28, 2022
Hello all. I've emailed this website: https://applegend.net but haven't gotten a reply yet, however, I would like to transfer the files and content of their Easy Notepad Notes app on my old phone to my new phone. But even though I've done this half dozen times already, when I tried to use their Backup feature in that app on my old phone, it doesn't appear as if my content was properly saved in a folder in my old phone's My Files app. But instead of there being a saved folder in my phones My Files app, there's a grayed-out folder there. And when I click on it, it launches an error message that says that I don't have an app on my phone that opens this file. But then, when I clicked on the Search-for-an-app link on my phone that would show me apps that would open this saved file, I'm taken to Samsung's app store, which only has game apps to download and no apps to open the grayed-out supposedly saved folder.

Therefore, for those who understand what I am saying, could you help me with this so that I can find a way to make sure that the content of my Notepad app is transferred to my new phone?

Here are some images from my phone in my My Files app.

easy.saved.file.1.jpg easy.saved.file.2.jpg

easy.saved.file.1.jpg

easy.saved.file.2.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm sure you need to run this Easy Notepad on your new phone to open and restore the backup files to the app, because the My Files file-manager on its own doesn't know what to do with them.

FWIW I use OneNote myself for all my memos etc, as that's available on a wide range of OSs and devices, and is always automatically synced.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Okay, I have a Samsung with Google backup, therefore, would my Google backup have this backup file from My Files stored? Because I have an intermediate older phone which I restored all my Google information on, however, when I opened the Easy Notepad app and clicked restore, nothing showed up. And like I mentioned before, I've done this already a half dozen times or so, so it's kind of old hat to me.

Also, I wanted to mention that I even tried the Samsung Switch app before I did all of this, but it kept pausing and stopping after only getting a percent of data transferred over. But I then took it to a mobile phone repair shop, and after connecting to their wifi, they tried the transfer again with Samsung Switch, but noticed that for some reason, the phone kept disconnecting from wifi and the repair man stated that that was the reason why it wouldn't finish transferring and suggested I use USB-to-USb cord to connect the two phones and use that to finish transferring the data.

However, I later talked to someone else about this, and they suggested to do everything through Google because that's how they transferred all their date. And even though I knew Google could transfer things such as text messages and contacts and things like that, I didn't know it could transfer apps. But I did try the Google restore on my intermediate phone and it did transfer all the apps including my text apps and messages (from about a week or so or go when I did this), however, nothing happened with the Easy Notepad. But after posting this, I'll try Google restore again, although, at the best, it should update my text messages, but at worse, I'm not expecting it to restore my Easy Notepad. :(

Upvote 0
I'm sure you need to run this Easy Notepad on your new phone to open and restore the backup files to the app, because the My Files file-manager on its own doesn't know what to do with them.

FWIW I use OneNote myself for all my memos etc, as that's available on a wide range of OSs and devices, and is always automatically synced.

Yes, I do have Easy Notepad on my intermediate phone, but after opening it and clicking Restore, as I had mentioned before, nothing happened. However, I do want to mention that I backed upped my data on my current phone again and then tried to restore my data on my intermediate phone, which by the way is an older, cheap Samsung phone, plus I noticed that it only has a "Restore contacts" option for restoring. Therefore, I think that I may either need to try the Samsung Switch app again (I deleted a lot of apps from my current phone and it does function better now), which I had been using successfully for years previously, or I need to buy a USB-to-USB cord to transfer all my data. But I will see what now happens with the Samsung Switch app.

Upvote 0
Looks like it's working. Also, I think that I just had WAY too many apps on my current phone. But now I'll have a phone to talk on (i.e. my older intermediate phone) until I get my new SIM card in the mail. And hopefully this new phone will work better since it has 128 GB storage space. (I hope that's enough.) :thinking:

Well, it's done and thanks for your help and input guys. :)

Upvote 0
However, I still have to see if the app for my OP still works.

Nope. It didn't work. I even looked in My Files in my intermediate phone to see if the content from my current phone was transferred there, but nope. that file is empty. :thinking:

So, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get the content off my Easy Notepad app, which is on my current phone, and store it somewhere, anywhere? Although, I recently read about one's phone content being put on the SD card, however, I don't think I've ever used an SD card, so I have some catching up to do. Unless anyone has any quick tips to share with me. :)

Upvote 0
There's got to be a way that I can copy all the data in my Easy Notepad and transfer it to somewhere. Also, I don't mean to be dramatic, but this a bit of a crisis for me. lol Because realistically, I could lose all my personal notes and would have to start back from scratch, even though some of the stuff that I lose, I probably won't remember what it was. But unrealistically, I could meticulously copy and paste my hundreds of notes into another data notepad or file or information holder. Although, I could only imagine that would take hours upon hours to do..

However, DOES ANYONE KNOW OF AN APP THAT CAN COPY OR TAKE A PICTURE OF WRITTEN NOTES AND DICTATE THOSE IMAGES INTO WRITTEN INFORMATION TO PUT ON A NOTE OR A FILE? OBI-WAN KENOBI, YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE. :(

Upvote 0
However, DOES ANYONE KNOW OF AN APP THAT CAN COPY OR TAKE A PICTURE OF WRITTEN NOTES AND DICTATE THOSE IMAGES INTO WRITTEN INFORMATION TO PUT ON A NOTE OR A FILE? OBI-WAN KENOBI, YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE. :(

Actually, there are quite a few android apps that I found that can do that, however, it's still going to be very tedious and time consuming taking a picture of each one of my notes and saving it to one of this apps.

However, I feel that the whole problem that I'm having in this situation is that the Backup that I'm trying to make of Easy Notepad is not working properly, and I believe that the Backup files in My Files are corrupted or not being downloaded properly. AND IF THAT'S TRUE, DOES ANYONE KNOW AS TO WHY WOULD A DOWNLOADED PHONE BACKUP FILE BE CORRUPTED OR NONFUNCTIONAL?

Upvote 0
well with all of my samsung note phones and now z fold phones, the samsung note app works really well and transfer the notes easily from phone to phone via smart switch really easy.

i can't say for other phones.....never felt like being hostage or anythng like that.

maybe try and do screenshots of your notes. have it saved in google photos and you should be able to access it no matter what phone you have.....as long as you are sync'd with google, google photos should have it.

Upvote 0
well with all of my samsung note phones and now z fold phones, the samsung note app works really well and transfer the notes easily from phone to phone via smart switch really easy.

i can't say for other phones.....never felt like being hostage or anythng like that.

maybe try and do screenshots of your notes. have it saved in google photos and you should be able to access it no matter what phone you have.....as long as you are sync'd with google, google photos should have it.

Hey, ocnbrze, thanks for the encouraging words, however, I have good news. :D I finally received my new phone and I used the Samsung Switch app to transfer my files and content from my current phone (which is now one of my older phones), and even though I never hit the Restore button on my Easy Notepad Note app on my new phone (like I usually did in the past), EVERYTHING was transferred over from the old Easy Notepad app to the new Easy Notepad app on my new phone. :D I was so happy. But therefore, like the old saying goes: All's well that ends well. :D

And BTW, I had formulated another plan in case the content of the older ENN app didn't transfer to the new ENN app where I was just going to carry both phones around and would just manually copy and paste the content from the old app to the new app until it was completely copied. Therefore, I did end up thinking of a backup plan. :)

P.S. And the Samsung Note app is a really good app. And I've used it before years ago, but I had to switch over to a Motorola phone (long story, and I'm not a fan of that brand anymore o_O), so I was forced to find a new third-party app and found the ENN app, which functioned very similar to the Samsung note app. However, over time, I became dependent upon the ENN app and had all my notes inside it. :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones