• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
OK so I think I am going to go this route to root the X because I would feel a lot more comfortable about it then going the manual route, my question is, has anyone tried the "unroot" part? I want to make sure I still get froyo when it comes out and dont know if this truly "unroots" the phone then I update to froyo or how does that part of it work?

Upvote 0
OK so I think I am going to go this route to root the X because I would feel a lot more comfortable about it then going the manual route, my question is, has anyone tried the "unroot" part? I want to make sure I still get froyo when it comes out and dont know if this truly "unroots" the phone then I update to froyo or how does that part of it work?

The unroot part works fine...

Upvote 0
Apply nextheme, but don't apply the metamorph that comes with it

how come I dont want to apply the metamorph? is that what changes the rest of the theme? Looking at it I actually like how everything looks on there. I can still run LPP with that right? (sorry im new to the rooting stuff) its just a color changing theme from what I understand right?

Upvote 0
Open source....and he implemented an app that made root one click and not the more complicated process that most people would be afraid to do. He is within his rights to do whatever he wants with an open source platform.

You are bitter, and you are hiding behind a troll name and hopefully they block your IP for this incessant trolling.

Well then wouldn't easyrootfree also free to wrap it up and give it away?

Upvote 0
how come I dont want to apply the metamorph? is that what changes the rest of the theme? Looking at it I actually like how everything looks on there. I can still run LPP with that right? (sorry im new to the rooting stuff) its just a color changing theme from what I understand right?

Sorry I had to run some errands, but yeah the metamorph then changes app icons, the framework and services change the color of the notification bar and the color of the clock color, time color, etc.

Upvote 0
Sorry I had to run some errands, but yeah the metamorph then changes app icons, the framework and services change the color of the notification bar and the color of the clock color, time color, etc.

Ohhh ok perfect! Glad I didnt do that part then. I did the first two steps in there and it got the black sexy notification bar so i'm happy. What happens when 2.2 comes? do I have to undo that somehow or can it stay? or do we not really know yet untill people start trying?

Upvote 0
Ohhh ok perfect! Glad I didnt do that part then. I did the first two steps in there and it got the black sexy notification bar so i'm happy. What happens when 2.2 comes? do I have to undo that somehow or can it stay? or do we not really know yet untill people start trying?

If you want to be safe, then you can change it back. Fab said that he was making a metamorph to get back to stock

Reactions: ECFfighter7232
Upvote 0
If you want to be safe, then you can change it back. Fab said that he was making a metamorph to get back to stock

ok cool. I wasnt sure if that metamorph to get back was going to work for me since I didnt finish the entire process of changing everything. I guess for now ill just keep my fingers crossed an hope for the best and enjoy my phone ;-)

Upvote 0
Does the key only work once with Easy Root? I just unrooted because I thought it was causing a battery drain (it wasn't). Now when I try and root again, it is telling me my key is bad. After I paid for the app, I got 3 keys from Unstable Apps and none of them work. I don't have to pay for another key, do I? That would suck if so.

Upvote 0
Does the key only work once with Easy Root? I just unrooted because I thought it was causing a battery drain (it wasn't). Now when I try and root again, it is telling me my key is bad. After I paid for the app, I got 3 keys from Unstable Apps and none of them work. I don't have to pay for another key, do I? That would suck if so.

I would send a message to the dev. because in the video I watched from him he unrooted it and rerooted it in the video and didnt need to reenter a key.

Upvote 0
Afaik it removes root access just fine, but I've heard plenty from people about the process still leaving remnants of root behind. As in, the Superuser Permissions icon is left or other things. I'm not speaking from personal experience, just from what I've read around here.

Just unrooted,
No remnants found.
RErooted just fine.
Just make sure you reboot each time you root, and each time you unroot.
Hope this helps anyone unsure.

Reactions: Paycer
Upvote 0
That's good to know. Thank you for posting your experience.

One thing I forgot to mention...I just remembered I did the following:

Before I unrooted, I opened my app drawer, then tapped on the SuperUser Permissions Icon.
You can individually tap on each app permission in SuperUser list and then tap on forget in the window that pops up.
OR,
Leave specific Permissions in the list.
That way you don't have to regrant apps SuperUser permission the next time you root.

Takes only a few seconds to clear and after that I opened EasyRoot and was back to stock in "1 Tap" and a restart/reboot of my X.

Back to Rooted X again, as I was before.
And I thought rooting through a terminal emulator was easy...

My apologies for any confusion caused.

Reactions: Paycer
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones