• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Edge or No Edge?

• Edge Display

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Flat Screen

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just can't go for the blue. It would clash with any case if I got one as the case would be pink. I like the black. I have had white for several years now and the change would be nice.

Went into local O2 shop yesterday and they had a great copper or rose gold effect on an S7 Edge. But as any new phone I get will be going straight into a case, the colour doesn't really matter. So called "premium looks" are of no interest to me, as long as the device works well.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
Again, I really don't want to get people's hopes up about a flat version, but BGR released an article about an anonymous twitter leakster posting more pics of the "flat" Note 7.

https://bgr.com/2016/07/27/galaxy-note-7-leaked-images-latest/

I still feel that this is just a late leak of an early prototype and is just being posted now, to generate attention and clicks. I did a little more digging and this is the original article that the pics were taken from:

(Warning - This is a Netherlands site that I used Google translate, to get an understanding of what was being said)
https://www.techtastic.nl/smartphones/nieuwe-fotos-van-samsung-galaxy-note-7-gelekt-2/

Again, I still believe that Samsung already made the decision a long time ago, to go with the edge version, so the late leaks of the flat version just seem to be for attention grabbing, on early prototypes and the hope for people wanting a flat version of the device. In any event, the pics on that actual website show a good idea of a flat version Note 7.

Upvote 0
I would need to see the phones side by side and use them to really know if I prefer the curved or flat. Originally I was against curved, but in using a friends S7 a bit, I actually like it. That being said, I don't think I will actually use the functions of the curved side portions much. Hopefully one can turn off most of those functions if desired. I also wonder how Nova Launcher plays with curved screen phones? Is it compatible? Gotta have my personalized Nova - can't stand any stock launcher.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would need to see the phones side by side and use them to really know if I prefer the curved or flat. Originally I was against curved, but in using a friends S7 a bit, I actually like it. That being said, I don't think I will actually use the functions of the curved side portions much. Hopefully one can turn off most of those functions if desired. I also wonder how Nova Launcher plays with curved screen phones? Is it compatible? Gotta have my personalized Nova - can't stand any stock launcher.

I use Nova Launcher with my Priv and my Note Edge. It works just as well as with a non-edge phone (like my Mate 8).

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones