• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Edit Sharing Recipients

The_Chief

Accept no imitations!
  • Nov 17, 2009
    Manchester, Tennessee
    Okay folks,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 but had the same problem with my Note 10-. The problem is when I go to share something, and the sharing menu comes up.

I can pin apps to the top of the menu, which I've done: above the apps, though, are four recipients who are, I imagine, supposed to be the people with whom I share things the most.

I haven't talked with these people in YEARS! I can't unpin them; I can't delete them; I can't do much except stare at them and not share things! So how do I get rid of them & replace them with contacts I actually contact a lot?

Attachments

• Quick Share menu.jpg
      Quick Share menu.jpg
      199.7 KB · Views: 112
    My Note 10 and now my S21 work in the same fashion. I think it must be Sammy's idea of handy.
    To access the contact list (if the recipient isn't in the current list) simply tick the app that you intend to share with. It will then bring a box to access all contacts. Start typing the contact name and it will complete the contact for you. Being as I primarily share via text and with only a few recipients, they are usually in the last used list. The suggested list is updated with each new send with the last accessed dropping from the list. I only assume your Z Fold 3 behaves the same.

Reactions: The_Chief
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones