• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email Inbox indicates (-1) unread

In all seriousness, what does it look like if you log into Gmail from your computer? What if you remove and re-add your Gmail account to your phone or go in and manually disable the email sync then re-enable it and tell it to sync?

If I log into Gmail from my computer, the unread messages are correctly calculated. I also manually disabled the email sync and re-enabled it, but no change. I will remove and re-add Gmail as my next step. Thank you for the reply.

Actually, if I use the actual Gmail app on the phone, it has the correct number of unread messages, however, it's the stock email that's getting it wrong, however, I like that app better. Go figure.

Upvote 0
Solved! I couldn't delete the gmail account in my phone (said other programs utilized it and i would have to format the phone to delete the account). However, I went to applications --> manage applications --> email and cleared data and cache. I reset the account and all is good. It now knows how to count "unread" messages again. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Solved! I couldn't delete the gmail account in my phone (said other programs utilized it and i would have to format the phone to delete the account). However, I went to applications --> manage applications --> email and cleared data and cache. I reset the account and all is good. It now knows how to count "unread" messages again. Thanks.

Good troubleshooting!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones