• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email Issues with S9 on Office 365

The Galaxy S9 email app has serious problems.

Here are the very serious issues I've encountered and battling to resolve with a user over the last few weeks on a S9 using the "email" application. The user is connected to Office 365 E3, "Outlook" when instaled on the S9 work fine, but comes with its own set of issues, and the user would rather use the default "email" application.

1. Disappearing emails. I send it and it never arrives, nor goes to sent, nor goes back to drafts. They just disappear and it's sporadic and inconsistent.

2. Empty emails. I type a long message and they get nothing on the other end.

3. Disappearing attachments. I forward an email with attachments, it removes the attachments and original message body.

All three of these are very serious and disturbing flaws especially because it seems that the email app is otherwise identical to the S8+. They're all sporadic but happening with about every third or fourth email. The app is broken and will create a lot of problems for corporate email users who depend on this for their employment.

If anybody else seeing these kinds of issues?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones