1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Email Not Syncing - Common Problem?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mdizzle99, Feb 3, 2011.

1. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Android Enthusiast

I own an Evo and my wife owns an intercept. I am quite familiar with Android devices and can usually figure out my own problems, but I am a bit stuck with a problem that my mom is having with her Transform. Her Gmail account syncs just fine and pushes emails directly to the phone, but her Hotmail and Yahoo accounts not only do not push, but they do not even sync. I have gone into the account sync settings and set them to sync anywhere from 30 min to 5 min and still nothing happens. If you open the mail app and tell it to sync manually it will usually work, but that is not a sufficient answer.

Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. srojrs

srojrs Lurker

Same problem with my Evo Shift. Can manually sync but emails do not show up on their own. I've diddled with just about every setting for emails and sync but no luck. I'll be hoping someone comes along to answer this!

3. [TheAndroid]

[TheAndroid] Android Enthusiast

As far as I know (Since my father had this issue) you just need to use K-9 email, for some reason the application 'Email' is just very faulty with syncing, I downloaded K-9 for my father and things are fine now.

mdizzle99 likes this.
  4. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Android Enthusiast

Thanks I'll check that out and report back if it helps.

5. Kindie75

Kindie75 Member

I just import my hotmail to my gmail acct so it sync thru gmail.

Samsung Transform Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews