• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email Not Syncing - Common Problem?

mdizzle99

Android Enthusiast
Jul 10, 2010
I own an Evo and my wife owns an intercept. I am quite familiar with Android devices and can usually figure out my own problems, but I am a bit stuck with a problem that my mom is having with her Transform. Her Gmail account syncs just fine and pushes emails directly to the phone, but her Hotmail and Yahoo accounts not only do not push, but they do not even sync. I have gone into the account sync settings and set them to sync anywhere from 30 min to 5 min and still nothing happens. If you open the mail app and tell it to sync manually it will usually work, but that is not a sufficient answer.

Any suggestions?

I own an Evo and my wife owns an intercept. I am quite familiar with Android devices and can usually figure out my own problems, but I am a bit stuck with a problem that my mom is having with her Transform. Her Gmail account syncs just fine and pushes emails directly to the phone, but her Hotmail and Yahoo accounts not only do not push, but they do not even sync. I have gone into the account sync settings and set them to sync anywhere from 30 min to 5 min and still nothing happens. If you open the mail app and tell it to sync manually it will usually work, but that is not a sufficient answer.

Any suggestions?

As far as I know (Since my father had this issue) you just need to use K-9 email, for some reason the application 'Email' is just very faulty with syncing, I downloaded K-9 for my father and things are fine now.

Reactions: mdizzle99
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones