• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help email problem

No the stock email sucks. I thought it worked at first but unless you check it, it takes a long time to push it to your phone. Only Gmail works on this phone, where you get you mail right away.

I just set up my email to auto fwd to gmail but I am unsure of how frequently it checks and can't find a setting. do u know what it is or if such a setting exists where it is ?

Upvote 0
So I just bought a Samsung Epic and have loved it until tonight. I use this phone for business so I have my business email account on this phone. I just got eight emails from clients about a half hour ago. Some that were sent at 1:30 this afternoon. Was there an email outage today?

Another option is maildroid (free in the market). I tried both K-9 and maildroid and I prefer the maildroid interface better. Cleaner look, IMO.

Upvote 0
Another option is maildroid (free in the market). I tried both K-9 and maildroid and I prefer the maildroid interface better. Cleaner look, IMO.

Has either of them implemented pinch-zoom in the message view yet? That was a deal-breaker feature missing from both of them when I evaluated a few weeks back. K-9 also did not have the ability to select multiple messages at the time, which I do a lot to delete things.

-- robert

Upvote 0
Has either of them implemented pinch-zoom in the message view yet? That was a deal-breaker feature missing from both of them when I evaluated a few weeks back. K-9 also did not have the ability to select multiple messages at the time, which I do a lot to delete things.

-- robert

K-9 can definitely do multiple selections; in two ways, actually. Either enable the touch-friendly features and you can swipe-select, or menu->Select All can be used to select all messages in a given folder.

Don't think it has pinch-zoom.

Upvote 0
K-9 can definitely do multiple selections; in two ways, actually. Either enable the touch-friendly features and you can swipe-select, or menu->Select All can be used to select all messages in a given folder.

Don't think it has pinch-zoom.

Ah, OK, thanks for that, I may have missed the way to multi-select, but like I said, I've got to be able to zoom in and out a message view. Even buttons for incremental zoom would be livable, but pinch-zoom would be ideal.

-- robert

Upvote 0
I just set up my email to auto fwd to gmail but I am unsure of how frequently it checks and can't find a setting. do u know what it is or if such a setting exists where it is ?
If you have your email forwarded to gmail, the gmail client is push, so it should be pretty much instant. If you have gmail checking your work email, then the frequency is shown in Gmail. Go on gmail from your computer and select settings>accounts and imports and it will show you how often it was checked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones