• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Embed PDF Files in App

timshady

Lurker
May 9, 2011
I am developing a Flash app on my PC which references and launches PDF files from within the program. It uses a "href" link and works fine on the PC. I'm using Flash to export the program to my Xoom. The app publishes to the Xoom just fine and everything works. The only thing that doesn't work is launching the embedded PDF document. The app works when launching an external website with the "href" link, but not the PDF.

Has anyone has success in launching a PDF document from an app? I've tried a hundred different file locations to see if it would work; one being putting the files in the Download folder. So, it would be referenced in the program as "/mnt/sdcard/download/folder/file.pdf".

Any ideas or suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones