• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Emergency Call Only Mode

GnomeMax

Lurker
Jan 23, 2013
I just had a new Samsung Galaxy S3 on the Credomobile (Sprint) network shipped to me as a replacement for my existing phone. When setting up an Exchange account the Galaxy S3 goes into the Emergency Calls Only mode - every time. Credo sent out a new phone, but it does the same thing. I have reverted back to my Sanyo Vio phone and can access Exchange just fine. The differences are Ice Cream vs Jelly Bean, and a separate Exchange client vs an email App that also does Exchange. Same network, different results.
I have returned the Galaxy S3 phones - I have to have access to my mail server.
Any ideas as to why the Galaxy S3 goes into brick mode when an Exchange account is configured?
Other testing: 1) Factory wipe & reboot, then set up everything without Exchange, and everything works great, flawless, and fast. Add an Exchange account and the phone turns into a brick. 2) Factory wipe & reboot, deny any Google account information, don't set up any features at all, and then add an Exchange account - phone turns into a brick.
Again, the Exchange account works flawlessly on the Sanyo Vio with Ice Cream and a separate Exchange client on the Sprint network (as a Credo phone).
Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones