• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

End app>aggressive...Don't do it!

flyjbaker

Android Expert
Oct 17, 2009
First off, I have no idea what menu I was in or how I got there. All I know is that there was an "End App" choice and I selected it. From there my choices were "Normal" or Aggressive". This appeared to be a built in task killer so I selected "Aggressive". It warned me that only make this choice if you know what you are doing. Well, being the arrogant bastard that I am, I proceeded...:). Not a good idea. It appears this shuts everything down....mainly SENSE...only to be restarted when selected. To give you an idea of the effects. I would select home....and then it would go to the generic white HTC screen followed by my wallpaper with only the "Loading..." swirly whirly....followed by all elements loading in sequence. It would take about 5-7 seconds for my homepage to load. And then when you would swipe from page to page, it was EXTREMELY slow...it was loading each page individually as you would swipe....

Anyway, I still don't know where this menu is or how I got into it. Just if you find something like this, do not select "Aggressive"!!! I ended up running out of patience and having to do a factory reset. All is good now.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones