• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ending profile after Alarm Set

steveh8204

Lurker
Nov 30, 2014
I have set up a profile to set an alarm for 530am every time there is a 'Day shift' entry in my calendar which tasker sets up fine, the problem I have is the task doesn't seem to end as 'Auto Days Alarm', which is the profile name, stays in the notification bar all day.

I used to set two 'if' commands for time between five past and ten past midnight but this has stopped working since I updated my Xperia Z to Kit kat. Task 'end' doesn't seem to do it either.

Anyone got any suggestions?

tmp_11725-Screenshot_2014-11-30-22-45-481204248345.png
that's pretty much it really, one state and one task.
tmp_11725-Screenshot_2014-11-30-22-45-27-1059956520.png

Upvote 0
The profile will stay on all day, yes, even if the task has finished. This is because the condition for your profile to be enabled is still valid.

If you want the profile to be disabled once the alarm is set, you need to set it up so the condition(s) become invalid. To do so, you can do these 3 things:

1. Add an extra line to your task:
Variables > Variable Set > %AlarmSetForToday = yes

2. Add a condition to your profile (long tap on the existing condition and tap Add):
State > Variables > Variable Value > %AlarmSetForToday !~ yes ("doesn't match")

3. Add a task to be triggered at midnight with the following*:
Variables > Variable Set > %AlarmSetForToday = no

* Triggering profile: Time > From 0:00 to 0:00

Note: you don't need the "Stop" at the end of your task.

Upvote 0
The profile will stay on all day, yes, even if the task has finished. This is because the condition for your profile to be enabled is still valid.

If you want the profile to be disabled once the alarm is set, you need to set it up so the condition(s) become invalid. To do so, you can do these 3 things:

1. Add an extra line to your task:
Variables > Variable Set > %AlarmSetForToday = yes

2. Add a condition to your profile (long tap on the existing condition and tap Add):
State > Variables > Variable Value > %AlarmSetForToday !~ yes ("doesn't match")

3. Add a task to be triggered at midnight with the following*:
Variables > Variable Set > %AlarmSetForToday = no

* Triggering profile: Time > From 0:00 to 0:00

Note: you don't need the "Stop" at the end of your task.

Thanks that looks very helpful, I will give it a try.

I didn't think I needed the Stop at the end, it was a bit of a fingers crossed stab in the dark guess at making it end, lol

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones