• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Epic 4g i need root help!! (PC doesnt recognize my epic)

JorgeEpic4G

Lurker
Jan 13, 2012
Hello, first of all i have never been able to synchronize my Epic with my PC, my PC doesn't do anything, no response at all!!!, maybe this post is a little bit repeated, but i can assure you that i have tried all the things that have been mentioned in other posts, i have tried different cables(i have even tried a BB cable) and usb ports even other computers!!, i have installed and reinstalled the samsung drivers, the same with samsung kies, and i just can't do it!!!!, i desperately want to root my phone :(!!, i am using windows 7 x64!! so that is what i am dealing with, if someone could help me!! my android version is the official 2.3.5 from Sprint (EI22), or if someone knows a way to root without the usb connection (i have tried z4ROOT and Gingerbreak) please i would appreciate your help :)

Which Kies? Mini Kies is recommended.
Does your computer see the card? Computer should see card as another drive. You need to allow the phone to connect to the computer via usb.

If computer sees card and you can work with the files on the card, then your cables and ports should be OK.

Doesn't 7 have some authorization safety stuff built in? You might have to ask in the computer section if that's the case.

Upvote 0
The PC doesn't see the card as a drive?
Might be a defective cable or port on your computer.

You did allow USB transfer on the phone didn't you? Does the phone see the card?

The other option to check card might be to remove the card from phone and use a reader. There's a cheap reader that looks like a USB stick. Also did you format the card for the phone?
I just copy the card's contents, format the card, then repaste contents onto card.

IF THE CARD CAME WITH THE PHONE, ASK SOMEONE ABOUT FORMATTING. There was a movie or something on the card I got, and a lot of people seemed to have trouble accessing it.

Since I didn't want it, no big deal.

I get the USB icon in the notification bar on the phone, and when checking it there is a screen to turn on USB for file transfer. (Card only)

This happens on both XP and Ubuntu.

I don't know if you can root through any other OS but windows as that's what the software seems to be written for.

Upvote 0
Accesing the data of the SD card is not a problem and yes i do allow the mass storage but still nothing happens, i have that sd reader youre talking about, but for root i need the cable and thats my issue, i have formatted the sd card with the phone i mean with the phone option, i will check another cable, so far have tried a generic and a blackberry cable, thanks for the replies i will post what happend next :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones