• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

epic 4g not getting icecream?

None of the GS1 series are ever getting ICS. Our device does however already have a fully functional and fairly stable build of ICS through official CM9. Currently our build is at RC2 (release candidate 2) and is working it's way along with all other supported devices to a full stable build. Then we will also be supported for CM10 (Android 4.1.1).

Reactions: EpicMike
Upvote 0
None of the GS1 series are ever getting ICS. Our device does however already have a fully functional and fairly stable build of ICS through official CM9. Currently our build is at RC2 (release candidate 2) and is working it's way along with all other supported devices to a full stable build. Then we will also be supported for CM10 (Android 4.1.1).

I have my phone rooted (working on getting Google Play Store to work, though), but I did not know this. I just rooted it just to get rid of bloatware. I may go ahead and check out CM9.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones