• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Epic Unleashed 1.1 for DROID2! Get your bug fixes!

Matt4542

Sep 5, 2010
Epic Unleashed 1.1! First DROID2 rom!

UPDATE: If you are having problems follow the new instructions on how to install bellow.

For all the bugs people reported, I thank you. This release should fix a bunch of those bugs!

Changelog:
MAJOR Bug fixes.
Screen turns off.
Keyboard works.
Wifi may work(untested)
Accelerometer works.
Missing anything...?

Thank you Brendan for testing this release for me while my phone takes a little "nap" lol.

Features:
Deodexed
Bloatware removed
Scripts
Build.prop mods

Not sure if everyone know's this, but all my releases come with a widget that looks just like the HTC Clock called Fancy Widgets.

Please report bugs to me as you find them. Best way to contact me is email me at matt4542@gmail.com or my GTalk Matt4542.

How to install:Important!
How to install:Important!
You will need to download Koush's bootstrap application and bootstrap your recovery. Then you can boot into recovery via the same app or you can install via ROM Manager(by rebooting into recovery, not via install rom from sdcard). Once you boot into recovery do a FULL nandroid backup and then you go to mounts and storage and mount /system manually to avoid more issues. Install zip from sdcard and toggle signature verification to disable. Now you can install the zip from the sdcard. Once this is done, reboot.
Download <--- Click Me :p

Thanks for using Epic the first DROID 2 rom! Say thanks if you like it :)

For the best support please join my IRC chat on Freenode. #epicrom

For a Step-By-Step guide on how to install Epic or any other rom check out darkonion's post on XDA on my Epic post here!

I am trying to buy a domain name to host my files. All I need is $15 dollars. You do not have to do this if you do not want to. It is just to help me out a little bit :) Please donate as little as $1 to my PayPal matt4542@gmail.com. Thanks if you do!

Reactions: infil
Hi,

I assume since it doesn't call this out specifically, and nobody's asked yet, this has the stock kernel in it?

Are there any kernel's that work with this rom other than the stock yet? I assume this functionality is still in the 'trying to get it work' phase.

Joe

The bootloader is still locked. You can not install custom kernels with a locked bootloader, so yes this is still stock

Upvote 0
Just loaded 1.1 (using updated instructions to mount /System first) and loaded and booted fine.

Benchmarks about the same as the stock ROM for me, 1400-ish quadrant.

Only potential issue that I've found so far is that I can't send Exchange mail at the moment...hard to say if that's a ROM issue or email server issue, as our sync server can go off once in a while...I'll wait a bit and see if it persists, and flash back to stock if it does to see if that fixes it.

Upvote 0
Just loaded 1.1 (using updated instructions to mount /System first) and loaded and booted fine.

Benchmarks about the same as the stock ROM for me, 1400-ish quadrant.

Only potential issue that I've found so far is that I can't send Exchange mail at the moment...hard to say if that's a ROM issue or email server issue, as our sync server can go off once in a while...I'll wait a bit and see if it persists, and flash back to stock if it does to see if that fixes it.

Sweet flea, you on IRC? Go to #epicrom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones