• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris and Incredible side by side pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
played around with the Incredible in the VZ store and no big deal over the eris from what I could see since I have upgraded my eris OS software thanks to this forum. The screen I could really not see that much difference and in the store testing against my eris could not see it being all that much faster....the salesman told me his concern was the battery on the incredible....certainly not worth an upgrade at this point as in 6 months the incredible will be old news with a newer android out and I'll take another look then.....funny story about the new 4G Iphone the Apple tech left in the bar and was picked up and sent to an internet company to take a look at....Apple like totally freaked trying to get it back calling in the cops...lol

Upvote 0
I've been wanting to do a quick compare/contrast between the Eris and Incredible, and this seems like a good place to do it...

Now that I've had a few days to play with both (my wife inherited my Eris), I'd have to say that, far and away, the main difference is speed. I was happy with the speed of the Eris - until I got the Incredible. Now the Eris is extremely frustrating.

My main piece of advice if you're happy wth the Eris is this: don't touch the Incredible. The experience is analagous to moving from a toaster oven to a microwave; the toaster oven is awesome - if it's all you know - but once you use a microwave, you'll wonder how you ever survived without it (actually, that might be a bad analogy... I wonder how many people on this forum have ever experienced life without a microwave). Anyhow...

Yeah, the UI and browser are FAST.

Other than that, the screen is bigger, and sharper - sort of. Edges of objects and text on the Inc's AMOLED screen tend to be a bit fuzzy if you look really close (not that you often would). The Inc's screen is more vivid, but doesn't have as much black/white contrast as the Eris.

The compass on the Incredible seems a lot more accurate - at least indoors - as well.

From a style perspective, I like the Eris' form-factor a little better.

The onboard memory on the Inc is a great place for pictures, which load faster than from an SD card (sure, you could store them on internal storage on the Eris - but I like having them seperated)

The Inc already has a leg up on the Eris from an OEM accesory standpoint, with a pretty nice car dock (my only gripes being that the power cord still plugs into the phone, versus being a true dock system, and that the phone doesn't auto-detect car mode)

The optical joystick is a step up from the trackball - but still just about as useless from a practical standpoint (and it doesn't light up for notifications, which is mainly what I used the trackball for).

The camera may be 8MP, but I don't find that it performs much better than the Eris (same sensor size, I assume). The camera on the Inc, like everything else, is faster, though.

Overall, the speed difference and a few other tweaks (like the dual-LED flash, which may make a better flashlight than camera flash - once someone writes a working flashlight app) make me prefer the Incredible over the Eris. Having the official version of 2.1/Sense is also really nice.

In summary: if you have the Eris and like it, you probably don't need to spend money on the Incredible. Just don't play with the Incredible; you'll probably decide you need it...

If anyone has any specific questions related to one phone versus the other, let me know - like I said, I have both, and both are operational. The Eris is non-rooted, and on 2.1v2.

Upvote 0
played around with the Incredible in the VZ store and no big deal over the eris from what I could see since I have upgraded my eris OS software thanks to this forum. The screen I could really not see that much difference and in the store testing against my eris could not see it being all that much faster....the salesman told me his concern was the battery on the incredible....certainly not worth an upgrade at this point as in 6 months the incredible will be old news with a newer android out and I'll take another look then.....funny story about the new 4G Iphone the Apple tech left in the bar and was picked up and sent to an internet company to take a look at....Apple like totally freaked trying to get it back calling in the cops...lol
You know that the battery life on the Inc is longer than on the eris right....

Upvote 0
Its a crystal clear sunny day out today and I just tested the Eris and Incredible side by side in direct sunlight. Both phones had brightness all the way up. I see ZERO difference as far as readability between the two. Both phones were dim obviously but still usable. I dont see where people are coming from when they say than AMOLED screens are hard to see in the sun. Direct sun perfromance was IDENTICAL to the Eris.
I pretty much agree - although for some reason when I am in my truck with my sunglasses on, and the Inc is in landscape mode, I can hardly see the screen. It has to be a factor of the angle I am seeing it at, since it's better in portrait mode, but I just can't seem to find a good angle.. I also have the junk VZW screen protector on until my Ghost Armor arrives, and that may have something to do with it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones