• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Error after factory reset -sim not provisioned MM#2

micherri

Lurker
Nov 19, 2013
I purchased a second hand Galaxy s2 I was told it had been unlocked ( originally it was locked to At&T) Current Sim card is prepaid with straight talk and is about 3 months old. I did a factory reset on the phone and now I get this message sim not provisioned MM#2. Does this mean the SIM is deactivated only or is it because I have wiped the unlock code?

Thank you

Factory reset shouldn't do either one. Call Straight Talk (that's lots of fun) and ask them to reprovision your caaount. At worst they'll have to send you a new SIM.

DO NOT mention anything about the phone being unlocked. (If it was an AT&T phone and you're using a ST AT&T SIM, or it was a T-Mobile phone and you're using a T-Mobile SIM, it doesn't even have to be unlocked . It's locked to the carrier, and that wouldn't change.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones