• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Error: INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE

ottersss

Lurker
Jul 31, 2023
Hello everyone!
I get an error when install my local aab build by bundle build tool:
Caused by: com.android.ddmlib.InstallException: Failed to commit install session 1908590605 with command cmd package install-commit 1908590605. Error: INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE: Existing package com.company.game signatures do not match newer version; ignoring!

Here is my command to generate and install the build:
  • java -jar bundletool_1.15.4.jar build-apks --bundle=bundle.aab --output=filename.apks --ks=ks_path --ks-pass=pass:mypass --ks-key-alias=mylias --key-pass=pass:myaliaspass
  • java -jar bundletool_1.15.4.jar install-apks --apks=filename.apks

I tried build-apks with flag '--local-testing' but no luck.

*NOTE:
I absolutely sure I was using same keystore for 2 build (build was upload to ggplay store and local build)
I must keep old build in phone (Cause I tesing case user update my app)
This error only happen when install in android 13 and android 14 beta (android 12 and below was fine)
I can download update the build when I upload new build into ggplay store (channel internal testing)

Thanks all!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones