• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error msg "Failed to boot 1" after update...Please HELP! : )

jmC3PO

Lurker
May 9, 2012
HELP! Noob here who just tried updating my Motorola Atrix on AT&T for the first time since buying it one year ago. The first update went well, with only a couple freezes. I eventually got it functioning though.

However, as soon as I did, there was another update, so i dl'd and began installing. But before the installation progress bar popped up, it went to the "M" boot up screen instead and froze.

Nothing I pressed made a difference for about 20+ minutes. Power button, Volume down + Power button, etc and nothing. So i pulled the battery, put it back in and powered it up. It then went to the installation progress bar, completed the installation and froze at the "M" boot up screen as soon as it was done.

So I waited 20+ minutes and pulled the battery again. However, everytime I power it up now it freezes on the same "M" boot up screen, but also gives me the error message "Failed to boot 1"...What do i DO?!

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated : )

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones