• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Esteem VS Motion

Well, looking at the S2 coming to Boost for the same price that the Esteem is, I would love to see the S3 on Metro for less than $500. And if that's the case, I wouldn't spend that much on a phone. If I get that money in my hands (after paying the bills), I would put some new toys inside my PC, but that's maybe just me. In the other hand, going back to this LG Motion, my plan is to buy it for my lil bro or give him the Esteem if the Motion turns out to be better.

Upvote 0
Well, looking at the S2 coming to Boost for the same price that the Esteem is, I would love to see the S3 on Metro for less than $500. And if that's the case, I wouldn't spend that much on a phone. If I get that money in my hands (after paying the bills), I would put some new toys inside my PC, but that's maybe just me. In the other hand, going back to this LG Motion, my plan is to buy it for my lil bro or give him the Esteem if the Motion turns out to be better.

yeah man holla back i may wanna try it out for wifey

Upvote 0
6900 benchmark antutu out of the box for the motion. That's higher than what I got with the gs3 from tmobile and yes I bought one.
ae8dd515-3f5d-6ce6.jpg
ae8dd502-3f64-7522.jpg

Upvote 0
Got similar score little phone is a beast so now you have 3 phones Carlos

Just one and I am staying with metro, screw contract prices.. I played with tmobile and I played with at&t both with gs3's and the gs3 on the at&the network kills the tmobile version, the at&t version consistently out performed the tmobile version in antutu and quadrant scores. I now have one phone(lg motion) and am back with metro.

Upvote 0
I dont know a lot about phones when it comes to different providers so i am wondering how does that happen? Isnt it the same phone, same specs etc..? Why is it faster?

I don't understand it either, I was told it has to do with the bandwidth... But I am not sure. Tmobile however stated in a online article that they did not include lte chips in there version. However there's no way to confirm that because tmobile is in process of conversion to lte.

Upvote 0
Just one and I am staying with metro, screw contract prices.. I played with tmobile and I played with at&t both with gs3's and the gs3 on the at&the network kills the tmobile version, the at&t version consistently out performed the tmobile version in antutu and quadrant scores. I now have one phone(lg motion) and am back with metro.

Well I think you made a good choice by staying I try both sprint and tmobile and felt uncomfortable with contract and fees metro rules for me

Upvote 0
Was putting my hopes into waiting for the sg3 getting on metro, but now thanks to apple we may not see it. gotta wait and see what happens next.

Stock esteem.
4731ee2f-7c8c-527f.jpg

Stock galaxy s2.
4731ee2f-7cb6-4e72.jpg

Stock lg motion.
4731ee2f-7cd9-6017.jpg

I Wish I still had the s3 to take pictures of the test results, but I promise you the results of the test were around 4900 on the tmobile version.

Upvote 0
Hi, im on the lg esteem and i can still sell it on ebay for 200! Anyone go from esteem to the motion? And if you liked or hated the change in screen size, or anything else youdidn't or did like bette r? Thanks. Ps I don't see a flash on the motion...? I know the flash makes a huge difference on the esteem...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones