• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Everyday Use - Apps

People please quit using taskkiller apps on your phone it drains the battery even worse than the phone on its own. I'm using a custom ROM from this forum and using a app called autokiller which uses the built in android system to free up memory but it has presets to can choose to make the the built in management work faster I'm getting like 24 to 30 hours on a single charge WITHOUT A TASKKILLER APP!

Upvote 0
I don't have atk setup to kill tasks automatically in the background. I know its not good for the phone. I only use it to close certain apps manually as needed. Some apps don't allow my phone to sleep correctly. It doesn't even load at startup on my phone. You should be careful with autokiller as it can be just as bad as a task killer if set too aggressive.

Upvote 0
People please quit using taskkiller apps on your phone it drains the battery even worse than the phone on its own. I'm using a custom ROM from this forum and using a app called autokiller which uses the built in android system to free up memory but it has presets to can choose to make the the built in management work faster I'm getting like 24 to 30 hours on a single charge WITHOUT A TASKKILLER APP!

Give me a proven result please. I'm currently on my 2nd day with no charge. I'll most likely be able to make it through the day without charging it.

I don't have atk setup to kill tasks automatically in the background. I know its not good for the phone. I only use it to close certain apps manually as needed. Some apps don't allow my phone to sleep correctly. It doesn't even load at startup on my phone. You should be careful with autokiller as it can be just as bad as a task killer if set too aggressive.

Same ^^ I only manually kill apps when needed but it auto starts. I have auto kill on my wifes phone but that's b/c she doesn't understand that everything keeps running after you exit out and her phone bogs down and I have to hear her cry. Auto kill = save face.

Upvote 0
because I can't get my BH2 flashed to anything else. I run windows 7 and I can't get the drivers installed to be able to flash my phone. I've tried all the tricks that everyone on this forum has given me to try and still not able to do so. Sooo, I'm done with messing it. There is nothing wrong with 1.5 and my phone does everything I need. So I just leave it alone.

Upvote 0
because I can't get my BH2 flashed to anything else. I run windows 7 and I can't get the drivers installed to be able to flash my phone. I've tried all the tricks that everyone on this forum has given me to try and still not able to do so. Sooo, I'm done with messing it. There is nothing wrong with 1.5 and my phone does everything I need. So I just leave it alone.

Tell T-Mobile if you have insurance that something is wrong with your phone and they will send you a replacement with 1.6 on the new phone and just send your old one back to them. P.S. make sure you take out your old SD Card before sending back your old phone..

Upvote 0
Tell T-Mobile if you have insurance that something is wrong with your phone and they will send you a replacement with 1.6 on the new phone and just send your old one back to them. P.S. make sure you take out your old SD Card before sending back your old phone..

because that would be me telling a lie. and I don't do that. plus i could care less about having anything newer. my phone works perfectly fine for me.

Upvote 0

T-mobile sends out the refurbs with 1.5 now due to the 1.6 pull.

Upvote 0

I have windows 7 and flashed my Behold 2 when I had it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones