• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Everything i post is in the wrong section??

rsarno

Thank Me, Im Irish!
Jun 6, 2010
I dont start trouble, never partake in flaming, avoid any conflicts .... but every single post i make is in the wrong forum, and its really getting annoying.

I have never been more conscious, more aware, more nervous about posting in the correct forum (since i got a warning for repeated posting in wrong forum)

And i STILL got it in the wrong forum?? Common seriously? Am i going to end up being banned for this? Because i really like this forum and on one hand im trying to be an active member, but on the other hand I almost think twice before posting because its almost always in the wrong section.

What can i do differently??

I posted this in the "Incredible - ROM's" section. And i didnt just do it blindly, i thought it all out before hitting the submit button, AND i even preceded my post with my reasoning for putting it there. But it STILL was wrong, and moved.

... and to the Mods, sorry if this was put in wrong section, i figured it belonged here since it directly relates to ROM's and Rooted options.
That thread is 100% ROM related. Not root, but ROM. It specifically is asking the differences between Vanilla and Sense "ROM"'s .... how can i possibly have gotten this wrong?

Sorry for the attitude in here, im just feeling frustrated because i am really making an effort to do the right thing here, and i really like this community and dont want to end up banned for something like this.

EDIT, Damnit, now i dont even know if this thread is in the right section! Common im developing a complex here, can someone let me know what the deal is?

My first impression on seeing the incredible ROM section is that they are almost all ROMs; every thread seems to be dedicated to a single ROM/theme.

Whilst I can't speak for the person who moved your thread, and nor do I know how your regular mods/guides over there handle it, I would say yours was moved because it was a general rooting question and was not specifically discussing one ROM. I do think the names of the subsection leaves it open to interpretation though.

You haven't actually been officially warned for this (or anything), so I guess the PM you received was more of a friendly reminder. You certainly aren't going to get banned over posting in the wrong section, so don't worry about that :)

And yes, this thread is in the right section.

Upvote 0
No need to worry. There's no danger of a ban, or any other infraction come to that, for something so innocent. :)

Anything to do with custom ROMs can be considered pertinent to the "All Things Root" sub-forums as root access is required to install them. By moving it to there the idea was probably that the question would receive more detailed responses. At least that's why I would have moved it, to make sure it was seen by those who could best offer input.

Hope this sets your mind at rest.

Upvote 0
I've spoken to woop, who moved your post, and learnt the back story to the Incredible's ROM section.

Originally, like with most phone sections, there was only an All Things Root section. But the sheer number of ROM specific threads was cluttering it up. So the users agreed it amongst them selves that there should be a separate section, just for posting ROMs in. That's why woop moved your post :)

I see why you would've thought to post where you did though. Perhaps a sticky is needed in the ROM section to point out what should be posted there.

Upvote 0
I've spoken to woop, who moved your post, and learnt the back story to the Incredible's ROM section.

Originally, like with most phone sections, there was only an All Things Root section. But the sheer number of ROM specific threads was cluttering it up. So the users agreed it amongst them selves that there should be a separate section, just for posting ROMs in. That's why woop moved your post :)

I see why you would've thought to post where you did though. Perhaps a sticky is needed in the ROM section to point out what should be posted there.
rsarno, this was most likely just a mistake by a member that was unaware of the agreements placed amongst the regulars in that subforum.

As Xyro said, the members of the Root subforum were aggravated by the un-orderliness of that particular forum as it was a cluster of help questions with ROM threads mixed with other root related threads. So they started petitioning for a ROM subforum to clean some of this up (notice that the Incredible is one of the few device forums to have a ROM subforum). And as this progressed and they got their wish, there was a general consensus that it should be left to just ROMs only to keep things clean. I told them that would be fine and I'd help move threads that aren't ROMs into the general Root subforum not only so that the ROM subforum can be easier to navigate, but also so that you would be able to receive more views for typical support questions (as Slug brought up earlier)

There is no issue here and you won't be banned lol. I guess its difficult for people that aren't regulars of that ROM subforum to already have known that, and I apologize for not PMing you to explain why your thread was moved in that particular incident.

Upvote 0
no no no more PM's from you, please!! I didnt sleep for 2 nights after i got the last one haha

j/k lol, no worries. Ill just keep on keepin on, and if i get to the point where im about to be banned, someone please PM me so i can take my medication and return to normal lol

i get whacky sometimes :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones