• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Evil Eris 2.0 with OC and Apps2SD is Here!

Ok, since I couldn't let my phone sit in recovery mode forever, I rebooted after flashing the zip. I tried running the commands to install a2sd, but it says No ext partition available. A2SD not active. Do I have to do the whole thing again?

BTW- I'm using Lightning ROM, which is based on 2.1 v3, i think...

Upvote 0
Ok, since I couldn't let my phone sit in recovery mode forever, I rebooted after flashing the zip. I tried running the commands to install a2sd, but it says No ext partition available. A2SD not active. Do I have to do the whole thing again?

BTW- I'm using Lightning ROM, which is based on 2.1 v3, i think...

if you want a2sd to work, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE FIRST POST

otherwise nothing will work.

Upvote 0
i had it closed because the instructions didnt work and were sending people into endless reboot cycles.

and yes, it pnly works with evil erisv2
i was the first one to get it working on the eris at all, but im sure the other devs will pull the code of of this version for use in the others.

Upvote 0
its a 98.7 MB zip.
its a full ROM, i just think my connection is running slow. other people in the house are using bandwidth right now too.

after i upload this if someone can upload to a faster mirror that would be great.

If it takes andrizoid 27 minutes to upload a 100mb file, I think we should all pitch in and buy him a real ISP :D

You can then sell the modem and buy a pack of gum.:p

Upvote 0
I downloaded this ROM yesterday. I read about it before but just overlooked it. I was using the "2.1 official" root for most of the time. I tried Aloysius and really like where it was heading but too many quirks that made me not want to stick with it. Then I tried sense-able, just wasn't for me. Tried Ivans too but I kept going back to the 2.1 official. Then I decided to try the Evil Eris. It is my new ROM. It works great! I did not try the overclocking, I really don't think I need that (yet.) In fact, I thought it was so good that I rooted the old man's Eris last night and put it on his too. He's so un-tech-savvy that I didn't feel comfortable giving him other ROM's in fear of him calling me every 10 minutes cause somethings amiss. No, it's not perfect, the stock messenger app FC and the widget for it doesn't work, but we both use handcent and we can get over not having that widget, (although I just read through more the tread over @XDA and I think I came across the fix for it,) but the point of my post is GREAT F'IN JOB! Awesome ROM!

Upvote 0
I tried that as well when I was on EE2.0 and it didnt work for me. It gave me the nexus lockscreen, which I wanted, but no transparency. Mine had a wallpaper with a bunch of cubes on it, kinda cool looking, but even when I tried deleting the wallpapers in the /system/customize/resource folder, like mentioned in another thread, that didnt work either.

That was one of my issues with that rom. I really liked and got used to a transparent LS, when I didnt think I would and dont wanna go back. It will be hard to decide what rom I like better after each has all their issues worked out, EE2.0 or aloysius v9. I'm guessing spencer will add OC to his too when they figure it out and get it working.

we you able to get this to workout. I used grdlocks zip file for removing the lockscreen. it gave me the lock I want, but not the transparency. If anyone could give me a link for the transparent one I would appreciate it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones