• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO 3D preorder at best buy now (in store only)

Did you pre order the 3D

• Pre Ordered it!!!

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Did not Pre Order!

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Waiting...

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Can't afford it...yet!

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
No I even asked the guy when I placed the order and he said it was fully refundable. I actually ended up placing pre-orders for 2 of these (my wife wants one too).

Nice! I didn't know that. I guess I'm going to stop by Best Buy for a pre-order then...LOL.

I'm still not 100% sure if I'll be upgrading, but if I can get a full refund, then there's no reason not to.

Upvote 0
Nice! I didn't know that. I guess I'm going to stop by Best Buy for a pre-order then...LOL.

I'm still not 100% sure if I'll be upgrading, but if I can get a full refund, then there's no reason not to.

Yeah, in essense all you're doing is buying a $50 gift card, and they also ring up a "pre-order" that is essentially $0. So it's like any gift card purchase, you can always return it and get your money back, just like you can with any other purchase there, provided you have your receipt.

Upvote 0
Yeah, in essense all you're doing is buying a $50 gift card, and they also ring up a "pre-order" that is essentially $0. So it's like any gift card purchase, you can always return it and get your money back, just like you can with any other purchase there, provided you have your receipt.

Haha...I've never really had to be aware of it before because the past 3 or 4 times I've put in a pre-order, I ended up getting the phone for sure.

This is the first time that I'm going to put a pre-order in, but I'm not 100% sure I'll be upgrading. I still love my EVO4G, but if the performance of the 3D is that much better, I have a hard time convincing myself that I should wait until next year to upgrade again.

As much as I enjoy going into Best Buy to browse products in person, there's nothing that I'd get there that I wouldn't prefer getting on Amazon.

Upvote 0
Maybe this isn't the right place to ask but I thought I would start here.

I have preordered from Best Buy........will I need to buy the phone for $200 and then just use the $50 I used to place the pre-order on accessories? Or

Will the $50 I put down count towards the $200?

Thanks in advance.

It's just a gift card so you can do whatever you want with it. I know I will use it to go towards the price of the phone but you don't have to.

Upvote 0
I spoke with a mobile rep from Best Buy in Springfield, MO here's how it's going down.

Store will open up at 8am on the 24th and they will be setting pre-orders aside to pick up at their convenience.

Everyone else that has not pre-ordered can get the extra's on a first come first serve basis.

This is pretty cool since they don't normally open till 9am.

That is all. Good luck!

Upvote 0
My EVO 3D is on the UPS truck. I'll be taking the Gift Card back to Best Buy. BTW....they haven't called to set up the appt. My guess is they will on Friday morning.

I just called my BB to ask, and they said I will for sure have mine set aside and I was able to setup an appointment for Friday at noon to pick mine up. So while they didn't call to setup this appointment, I was able to call them and set aside a time so I don't have to wait in line.

I might have done the web order as well, but I have a BB gift card for $200 from when I returned my Evo4G, so I need to get mine there. It's only 2 days, I've been waiting for a couple months so I can swing a couple more days lol.

Upvote 0
Best Buy has not called me yet to confirm the time I need to be there. Anyone get a call yet?

I would call them and ask to setup a time, don't wait for them to call you. They never called me so I went ahead and called them to confirm I would have one set aside for me to pickup, and I was also able to setup a time (Friday at noon) to pick mine up so I don't have to wait in line.

So just give your store a call and you should be able to get your appointment setup!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones