• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO 3D trim (design) versions. Discuss here.

So, assuming the black trim and/or the gold trim ones could be purchased, how much would you guys be willing to pay for these? Keep in mind that it's not a simple battery cover since some of the buttons are part of the back cover.

The ones I see on eBay are ~$82, and are the whole back housing for the GSM version :(

For me $20 bucks...lol

Upvote 0
So, I got my battery doors. The "all black" one I was expecting is actually all purple. The gold one doesn't have the "rogers" labeling, which I guess makes it somewhat rare/harder to find. Both fit like stock (there was a rubber piece stuck on the inside of the gold one that I had to remove for it to fit properly).

I'll probably sell them both for what I paid for them ($43.75), and pick up an OEM one to paint all black. PM me if you're interested in the gold or purple ones.

Here's pics:

Gold
goldalone.jpg

goldonphonealone.jpg

goldonphonealoneangle.jpg

stockngold.jpg

goldonphone.jpg

Purple
purplenblack.jpg

purplenblack2.jpg

purpleonphone.jpg

purpleonphonealone.jpg

Upvote 0
Many think the red trim is for CDMA, and it is the color that Sprint carries. GSM models seem to have the gold trim. I think you can buy 3rd party covers that feature black or no trim, but those are usually included with an extended battery. So you can probably order a replacement cover with red or gold trim through an official part supplier (I just don't know any).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones