• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO 4G's Android 2.2 update starts trickling out July 30 (official OTA August 3rd)

So I didn't even know about this til I saw this thread. Looking forward to the update, whenever it happens. Although if I were to base my expectations on the level of excitement and anticipation here, I'm half expecting Froyo to turn my evo into some sort of super mega awesome 100% fun time light saber that can make espressos.

Upvote 0
So when you get the FROYO update is it under "firmware update" or under "HTC software update". I would think software since it is just an operating system and not like flashing the board or anything but the software update checks and it is so fast, how can it possibly check all the servers for my precious FROYO in that short amount of time!

It will be under HTC Software Update. Or so they say...

Upvote 0
Can Somebody help me please. I just applied the 2.2 update and now my Evo phone says OS4. In order to get good reception while on a call, I have to hold my left hand in the air.

Make sure you maximize reception by retracting all of your fingers except the middle one - everyone will know you are saying "You are Number 1!". :D

Reactions: scooter217
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones