• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo and Samsung Blu Ray Player don't want to talk?

manyfacets

Lurker
Nov 16, 2010
I have a samsung blu ray player that is wifi capable via samsungs little wifi usb doggle. I want to be able to stream netflix (yes it's a netflix capable player) through the samsung and simply use my evo as the hotspot. I insert the usb doggle into the samsung and turn on my rooted evos wifi tether and the samsung see's it right away with a full strong signal:) When I hit connect it brings up the evo security screen and I enter my password into the samsung and hit connect. It fails to connect every time:thinking:. The samsung gives a few options for IP address and other internet stuff you have to be a member of the geek squad to understand:eek:. I'm not sure where to even begin. Has anybody had success doing this? I can hook all my other wifi devices to the evo easily so I'm not sure what's up:mad: Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, David

UPDATE: Figured I mess around and try again. Turned it on and it all just worked today. Just watched an hour long episode of Friday Night Lights on Netflix and it played flawlessly while my laptop and two itouch's were also connected. I guess I can now tell everyone it works. haha

Reactions: Mr. Ed

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones