• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO EVENT: What do YOU want to know about the HTC EVO 4G?

My questions would be:

1.) Will there be App to SD support on launch or after?
2.) Verify what Version of Android will it be released with?
3.) Price (subsidized)
4.) Amount of On-board memory
5.) Will the end user have the option to turn off sense UI?

* I ask #5 because I read that sense was baked into the phone this time around*

Above all else enjoy yourself, the information will get released eventually anyways..

sprint_android_logo.jpg

peace

Upvote 0
All I care about is when? WHEN????

And, can I have one right now, because they are killing Helio in another 2 weeks, leaving their faithful customers with NOTHING in the meantime.

Wow, I know this is unrelated, but I had completely forgotten about Helio for years! I remember wanting one of their phones when they first came out and I really enjoyed their commercials. Looking back at their phones now though, they look ugly, but such are the times.

Upvote 0
I'm curious about accessories, specifically the Sprint branded car dock (there was an Evo accessories leak that included a car dock, I believe). I am interested in a comparison with the Nexus One dock. When you dock the Nexus One into its official car dock, it launches Car Home and connects the phone to the dock via bluetooth so you can have conversations via speakerphone with the dock's built in speakers if you get a call.

1. Does the Evo include Car Home? If so, will it auto-launch when docked?
2. Does the Evo car dock include bluetooth speakers like the Nexus One dock?
3. Is the Evo car dock powered? (i.e. does the base of the dock have a microUSB port built in, or do you have to plug the charger directly into the phone after it is docked?)
4. Will the Evo car dock launch along side the phone or do we have to wait? If we have to wait, when will it be released?

Other than that, I would like to know the size of the bundled SD card (if any). Thanks!

Upvote 0
It doesn't mean they have to use Wimax, it would mean they are using Wimax. That would have a lot more emphasis than just showing the phone can do video chat.

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you meant people posting videos with Qik implied Wimax was up and running. Since I used qik over a year ago on my WM phone I know it can work over 3G or Wifi. They very well may be using Wimax but those tests could just as easily be done over more traditional networks.

Guess we will find out tonight!

Can you sneak me in? I'm in Times Sq, wearing a suit, just open the back door haha.

Nowadays you're liable to be arrested by the Secret Service for this sort of thing!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones