• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help EVO flashed to metro pcs restarts when playing apps or on the internet too long

jsmyth

Lurker
May 20, 2011
Hi there
Ive had my Evo for only a 2 weeks now, i bought it from ebay and had it flashed to metro pcs. Now when i purchased the phone, it came with a Seido 3500 platinum series (or Pt) battery. The problem is that when i go to play some apps, like angry birds or robo defense, the phone will restart after minutes of play. The phone also restarts if im on the web and im looking at high resolution pics or on web pages with alot of info on them.

Now I do know alot of people have problems with their phone constantly restarting/rebooting for no reason, but my phone normally acts fine until i put it under load.

I called HTC tech support and they said it is probably the battery. Bc it is an aftermarket extended battery, the phone is restarting itself to keep from overheating or the battery may be going bad. I just purchased a new oem battery and battery door for the phone to see if it fixes the problem, but i just wanted to see what others think about this. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ill update when my new battery arrives

yeah i told a HTC tech rep that i did flash it to metro pcs and i explained to him exactly what my phone was doing. He said that MOST likely, it was a battery probelm bc it only restart under heavy usage and the battery i am using is not made for the phone... the rep also said its most likely the battery bc it does restart using certain apps, yet it also restarts using web and multiple applications at the same time. so its not just restricted to apps.

i do hear what your saying about faulty software and it could most definally be. i already talked with the store that flashed my phone and they said it was a battery problem as well, but if the battery does not work then im taking it back there to get fixed

just wondering, would a hard reboot erase my flash?

Upvote 0
so i got my new battery in the mail and charged it up for over 8 hours. i even tried to calibarate my my battery. i started the phone up and opened an app and my phone restarted after 5 minutes of using that app....so the new battery did not work. i have no idea what to do now other then take it to the place that flashed my phone and see if they can reflash it. jeez i really just might sell my phone on craigslist and get a phone designed for metro pcs (best phone is the samsung galaxy indulge, an ok phone i guess)
any thoughts?

Upvote 0
So i took the phone back to the store that flashed it and showed them tht it was not a battery problem. They decided to reflash it and after i got it back from the store, it still rebooted itself under heavy load. I was offically done with the Evo and sold it on craigslist...yeah i know someone else is going to have that same problem but better them then me. I went and bought a Samsung Galaxy Indulge for metro pcs and i couldnt be happier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones