• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root evo just vibrate 5 times and not come on

Ok I was able to download the PC36 IM to the root of sd. Installed back into phone and it did find it and updated everything succesfully. So now what? I didnt reboot but rather selected recovery and so far it's not had the blackscreen with the 5 vibrates but rather now its stuck in boot screen with the HTC EVO 4G display.

Your phone should now be unrooted. Try and reboot it normally to make sure the ruu file restored it to stock. If that works, you will have to re-run unrevoked and reroot the phone. Somehow the file you flashed that caused the issue returned your phone to s-on and the only way to get rid of it would be to reroot.

Upvote 0
Your phone should now be unrooted. Try and reboot it normally to make sure the ruu file restored it to stock. If that works, you will have to re-run unrevoked and reroot the phone. Somehow the file you flashed that caused the issue returned your phone to s-on and the only way to get rid of it would be to reroot.
I get the triangle of death when I try to reboot.

Upvote 0
I get the triangle of death when I try to reboot.

Does your computer recognize the phone when its plugged in? You might have to run the ruu from your pc that is on the same download page as the PC36IMG file. If that doesn't take care of it you might have to take it in to sprint. The good thing is that you already have s-on so if they check hboot they won't see anything. If you have to take it in, copy your sdcard and format it on your computer so there is no trace of rooting.

Upvote 0
How would I tell if the computer recognizes the phone? How do I run the ruu from the pc? Sorry for all of the questions just trying to understand.

When you plug the phone into the computer, does it recognize that there is an android device plugged in? I am assuming you have th drives installed from when you rooted. An RUU is run just like unrevoked from your pc. You will download it and run it. It should ask you to plug in the phone and if it recognizes it it should return it to stock without having to do it through the phone itself.

Reactions: Ivansandroid
Upvote 0
UPDATE:
I dont know what happened, I kept trying over and over to reboot with the PC36IMG and it finally rebooted. I'm unrooted some how. But sheeewwww. I almost crapped my pants. Thanks Xtreme for all of the info and the help. I gotta go, got some rerooting to do.

so it finally flashed so you could boot it up? It returned it to stock I hope :)

Upvote 0
Yikes, I have the same problem but i bought it off someone and was never activated nor do I have insurance on it. Does not look good. :(

Can you get to hboot at all? Power off(or battery pull if necessary) then hold volume down+power at the same time til the bootloader screen comes up. If so, what is your hboot version and does it say s-on or s-off?

Upvote 0
Can you get to hboot at all? Power off(or battery pull if necessary) then hold volume down+power at the same time til the bootloader screen comes up. If so, what is your hboot version and does it say s-on or s-off?

Yeah, I can get into HBOOT but that is about it. Here is the information:

Okay, need some help. here is the background on my problem. I just bought this phone like this. I can boot into HBOOT but can go no where else. It sticks on the white boot screen. I have no idea what they used to root this phone. Here is the information that you requested from the other guy:

1. no idea what they used to root with
2. HBOOT: 0.93.0000
3. SHIP S-OFF
4. 2.15.00.07.28
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16ac
Jul 23 2010, 16:41:47

Also says no image or wrong image. I downloaded Recovery 3.70 from your media fire but I think that might have been the wrong one. Any advise? I would appreciate the input!!

May I also add that when I try and boot into recovery from HBOOT it will not do it and it vibrates 5 times and does nothing.

Here is the video:

YouTube - MOV01182

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones