• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo might get swapped For a Galaxy

Mods, why is post in the Evo section. Please move it to the Galaxy section where someone might care.
Why do you even care what he posts? When a thread pops up that you don't like, just don't reply to it and let it die. That's how threads go away, not by posting in it and keeping it alive. People are posting to it cause obviously they do care about it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
HTC: Mobile Phone Manufacture

Samsung: Huge Company with a Mobile Phone "unit"

Id rather buy from a company that just does phones, then a company that makes washing and drying machines.

Lets be honest, Samsung makes some great products, but ill take my chances with a company that does it as their main business.

Upvote 0
If the Sun never shined AMOLED would be the screen to have for any phone, unfortunately it does and after owning a Nexus One with AMOLED I could never own another one. It is just useless in the sun. That technology has a long way to go before it makes sense to use on a phone. It does look incredible in the dark though.

Upvote 0
The thing that bothers me the most in the antenna strength on the Evo, especially Wifi and 4G. I was sitting outside of my house with the Evo and an iTouch sitting next to it and the Evo couldn't even see my home network and the iTouch had 2/3 bars :thinking:. Also I am only getting a 4G signal in certain rooms of the house, thats not right (lookup clearwire modems sitting next to evo).

I think the Evo is a much more attractive phone, but the Galaxy is so hard to pass up. The quality of the screen and the CPU/GPU benchmark score (Neocore) is more than 2x higher than the Evo's. The hope for a better 4G antenna exists!

Upvote 0
Mods, why is post in the Evo section. Please move it to the Galaxy section where someone might care.

I think someone needs to read the ZERO TOLERANCE RULES before he gets his ass banned.

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/98274-zero-tolerance-policy-all-members-read.html http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/101566-evo-might-get-swapped-galaxy-2.html

I moved to the Evo from the Hero. When I decided that, I didn't post that in the Hero section, I came here. Hero owners were not interested, they were in the Hero section to talk about the HERO. So would have been inappropriate.

I am happy if a poster finds a better phone for him or her. But please talk about it in the appropriate section. Pray tell how that could get me banned.

Upvote 0
To each his own, but I must be a low-maintenance kind of dude. I just buy a phone at upgrade time... use the hell out of it... then worry about the "next best thing" a year later when I'm upgrade eligible. That's how I wound up with the Evo. This strategy has worked for me for years!

I'm sure the OP will enjoy the Galaxy. Its Android. 'Nuff said.

Upvote 0
To each his own, but I must be a low-maintenance kind of dude. I just buy a phone at upgrade time... use the hell out of it... then worry about the "next best thing" a year later when I'm upgrade eligible. That's how I wound up with the Evo. This strategy has worked for me for years!

I'm sure the OP will enjoy the Galaxy. Its Android. 'Nuff said.

Yes also having a Super AMOLED screen helps in the enjoyment..;)

Upvote 0
Smaller than a gameboy? I think you have the wrong phone in mind. Galaxy S has a 0.3" smaller screen than the EVO, and same resolution. I've been transcoding xvid TV shows & whatnot for years to watch on portable devices. Having a native xvid/divx player will be fantastic.
you might wana try to find the screen size there buddy, im not sure where u found that, but it is completely incorrect. It has not been released yet, but I can tell you it is not larger than the iphone when i saw comparison pics.

Upvote 0
If the Sun never shined AMOLED would be the screen to have for any phone, unfortunately it does and after owning a Nexus One with AMOLED I could never own another one. It is just useless in the sun. That technology has a long way to go before it makes sense to use on a phone. It does look incredible in the dark though.

You obviously have not watched the comparison video of AMOLED vs Super AMOLED. Troll on...

Upvote 0
you might wana try to find the screen size there buddy, im not sure where u found that, but it is completely incorrect. It has not been released yet, but I can tell you it is not larger than the iphone when i saw comparison pics.

The Galaxy S has already launched in other countries and we found out the specs for it back in March at CTIA, same place EVO debuted. Galaxy S screen size is .3" smaller than EVO's.

Upvote 0
There will always be a better, faster, newer phone. You might be waiting your life away for the newest thing.

I sometimes think that is why iPhoners like their phone. At least it only gets replaced once a year, and they don't have to hear someone crowing about the next latest and greatest to come.

Totally agree, its like chasing the dragon.

I wouldn't give up my EVO for the either Galaxy.

Upvote 0
The Galaxy S has already launched in other countries and we found out the specs for it back in March at CTIA, same place EVO debuted. Galaxy S screen size is .3" smaller than EVO's.

That .3 equates to over a square inch of lost viewing real estate. Dont know about anyone else, but i'm just not gonna be able to settle with any screen smaller than the Evo's now

Upvote 0
I wonder how Sprint will explain that 10.00 when they say that the fee on the Evo is for hardware and not 4g. I can't wait to hear about it. If I had to guess it will be attached to all new 4g phones.

Simple, it will be the 1st super amoled screen and it will have have better GPU than the Evo so as a result, you will consume more data (as Sprint likes to put it). Throw in the fact that the Pro has a keyboard and they may even say you can type in web addresses quicker so you can visit more websites as a result.

At the end of the day, if it does have the $10 charge then it will prove to me that is a 4g charge until a none 4g phone has it.

Upvote 0
So you're not having any problems currently, but you're going to return your phone, because some other people are?

Nice topic
It's not just cuz other ppl are having problems...I have been watching the Galaxy and the Evo since they were announced at Ctia... but I just want to see what's better... I want the best phone Sprint has to offer...Make that the best Android phone Sprint has to offer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones