• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO randomly freezes until reboot

kennyfte

Lurker
May 1, 2010
I have a launch day EVO, Hardware revision 002, very minimal light leakage, no screen separation, and silver trim battery (if any of that matters). For the past couple of days, I have been experiencing what seems to be a complete lockup of the phone. After around 5 hrs of the phone being on, things start going haywire. At first it would lock up my live background. I switched to a static one to try and narrow it down. Then it was the screen doubling itself (weather widget would repeat on the bottom). A few minutes ago the dialog box that says "Turn Wifi On" stood on and didnt go away. I went into running services and it locked up until it rebooted itself. Ive never rooted my phone, not running a task killer and I only have market apps installed. What the hell is going on? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking its time to factory reset (again). Thanks for reading..

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones