• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help EVO SHIFT...touchscreen broken?

Meelad666

Lurker
Sep 6, 2011
So a week ago the earpiece for my evo shift blew out. No biggie, im ok with speaker phone. But yesterday my touchscreen stopped working. I can get it to work by opening the keyboard and "shifting" it around until I find the sweet spot, but even then the touchscreen barely works.

I tried power cycling, removing the battery, what have yous. Sprint told me to do this but do the "fastboot" thing. I did that, and it completely reset my phone...no apps, contacts, that girls phone number from that party...all gone. And the screen still doesnt work. Is this anyway related to the recent update? And what can I do to fix it other than go to the sprint store an hour away?

Yes my phone be doin the same thing I almost feels like someone is in the background playing with my phone. I also have to ear piece issue and it only works on speaker. I factory settjng and still nothing.. the antivirus doesn't work either. I dont know what to dk either ... It's very very annoying somebody gotta fix this asap. For real

Upvote 0
Sounds like a hardware issue. If you can't get it working, I would definitely take it back to Sprint. There is a 1 year warranty on the phone from HTC, so you should be all set to get it fixed for free fifty. If you aren't close to a Sprint repair store, I would call their customer service and talk to them instead. They may very well ship you a new one. They have for me in the past. GL...

Upvote 0
Im on my 3rd screen, I would strongly advise against getting this phone. The tech at sprint has told me that this phone is garbage and sprint has even stopped replacing them because they just mess up again. Another issue is the charge port, mine and my sisters has completely stopped charging, he said thats an HTC issue.

Upvote 0
Im on my 3rd screen, I would strongly advise against getting this phone. The tech at sprint has told me that this phone is garbage and sprint has even stopped replacing them because they just mess up again. Another issue is the charge port, mine and my sisters has completely stopped charging, he said thats an HTC issue.

Untrue. I have an Evo Shift (Also had the Evo 4G) and both were rock solid. No issues with my shift even after multiple drops etc. I am rough on my phones.

Upvote 0

I've had mine for just over a year and it's been fantastic. I have had to get the screen replaced once because I dropped it and it bent one of the corners so it wouldn't slide properly, but other than that, it's been solid.

The charging port may actually be an HTC issue, like you said. Mine's been fine so far, but the port on my friend's Thunderbolt did the same thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones