• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange ActiveSync w/ remote wipe & simple PIN...

cwickstylz

Lurker
Aug 29, 2010
Ok, so I've been trying to solve this issue since starting with my first Android phone, the Hero...

I work for a large enterprise corporation & our security policies are quite strict. I have used Blackberries, Palm Pre, WinMo all successfully with my employer, but Android just does not work! Ok, yes, I've been using TouchDown & it kind of works, but only with Exchange 2003 support running, ActiveSync will not connect.

I know our policies require simple PIN & remote device wipe, so is that what is blocking me from using the built in client? I read somewhere that someone has some sort of patch they applied that tricks Exchange into thinking it is a different type of device trying for ActiveSync & bypasses the simple PIN & remote wipe. Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Any guidance would be so very appreciated! Thank you!

We're just as strict (though we do have a choice between PIN/PWD - no pattern)... Anywho, it's all good for me ... Connect w/o issue ... I will point out that your "SSL connection" checkbox should probably be checked. And have also tested my remote wipe ability and it was quite successful.
I've had the EVO since the start so there have been no connectivity issues with any of the software revisions. Did try assisting a collegue in Singapore who was having issues getting connected though. He was never able to get stock apps to work correctly and ended up using Touchdown w/o issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones