• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange sync stops at night

The past two mornings I have woke up to no emails from my exchange server.
About 15 min after I wake up and start using my phone i'll get emails that are 5 or 6 hours old. This can not happen as I am a sysadmin and pretty much on call all the time.

I've checked power settings and they are all set to High performance and sleep mode is set to never.

In Accounts & Sync I have Exchange activesync set up for push mail both during peak times and off-peaktimes. Peak times are set from 7pm to 7am as well and Day are set for Mon-Friday.

I've gone over every other option I can think of that would cause this, but have not ran across anyting that I could consider even a lead. I am using Go Launcher EX and tasker. I only have a task set to turn my wifi on/off depending on the time of day. I can not for the life of me think of what would be causing this! Anyone else have any suggestions? It's gotta be an app or setting that I am over looking. I need some help brainstorming this please!

For my sync settings, maybe try having all times as peak hours (i.e. 4AM-3:59AM), but since you have it set to push during both, I don't believe those hours matter.

My only guess is that when your Wi-Fi turns off, that your phone is having issues getting a connection to the Mobile Network, or just problems connecting at any time really. Are you getting any other data transfer, like to your Gmail? Or is it only your Exchange account?

Upvote 0
For my sync settings, maybe try having all times as peak hours (i.e. 4AM-3:59AM), but since you have it set to push during both, I don't believe those hours matter.

My only guess is that when your Wi-Fi turns off, that your phone is having issues getting a connection to the Mobile Network, or just problems connecting at any time really. Are you getting any other data transfer, like to your Gmail? Or is it only your Exchange account?

Last night was fine. Only thing I did different was switch from Go Launcher EX to Launcher Pro. I am wondering if there wasn't issues with Verizons network those two nights. We have been having some problems in the area. I've got another two nights before I am on call so we'll see how it goes.

To answer your question though, I did get gmail and SMS, just not any of my exchange emails. No issues with the server either. That was the first thing I checked when I got into work yesterday. Wel'll see how it goes from here i guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones