• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Existing root methods and recent ICS update?

N

naelocin

It seems like most of the activity on this thread has died off, but I've seen a couple users facing the same issue I am and no solutions.

I just updated my Tab to 4.0.4 with the most recent (US) OTA update. After using it a bit, I decided that it was finally time to root my device. There were a few posts questioning whether or not the established root methods would work with the newest update, and a few conflicting answers.

Just now, I tried to root using the guide here on Android Forums. Every step worked perfectly, but I checked with Root Checker after successfully flashing the root zip, and it said that I do not have root access. I checked with a few other root-only apps, and was given the same message.

So does anyone have any ideas or solutions?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones