• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Great news!!!

T-mobile is reportedly having a blow-out sale on February 11th and 12th. The pricing is reportedly half-off and similar to the Father's Day Sale last year. For those of you who could not afford a new phone, this is the time to jump right in and get a good deal, not only on your phone, but also on your contract - negotiation is the order of the day!

3wtmk.jpg

http://www.tmonews.com/2011/01/t-mobile-preparing-for-major-sale-february-11th-12th-2/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tmonews+%28TmoNews%29

Upvote 0
Hi everyone.

Moved over from Moto forums. Not much to expect from there. I originally considered talking to Tmo, but decided against it. I do not feal comfortable demanding or begging. Also not ready to spend anymore money on the phone right now with newer phones coming by summer.

NV - Thank you for organizing this thread.

MM278 - Thank you for your hard work. The upgrade works great.

Everyone - I was not smart enough to backup my apps and lost a few during upgrade. I can get most of them free of charge. One notable exception is Quick office. I do not need to edit documents, just view office email attachments. Any recommendations?

Upvote 0
Everyone - I was not smart enough to backup my apps and lost a few during upgrade. I can get most of them free of charge. One notable exception is Quick office. I do not need to edit documents, just view office email attachments. Any recommendations?

I mat get flamed for suggesting, but try Applanet. but as always if you like an app or program plz donate or pay its creator.

Reactions: yansh
Upvote 0
Hi everyone.

Moved over from Moto forums. Not much to expect from there. I originally considered talking to Tmo, but decided against it. I do not feal comfortable demanding or begging. Also not ready to spend anymore money on the phone right now with newer phones coming by summer.

NV - Thank you for organizing this thread.

MM278 - Thank you for your hard work. The upgrade works great.

You're very welcome Yansh! I receive the daily emails from the other forum and they are just SAD at this point. Posts are censored and people are banned for telling the truth and yet they do nothing to resolve the heinous situation for their customers.

That said, there is encouragement on the Tmo front, however. They have become more amenable to helping people to get out of that phone. The highest that anyone is being quoted right now for G2 and MT4G is $99.99. Some people are even being offered those phones for free with a 2-year extension. My family received 3 phones for free and I had to pay $99 because I was not eligible for an upgrade. But that is minimal. It was worth it to get out of the XT. I am rooting both phones.

Btw, don't forget that you can ask them to break up the $99.99 into payments which might make getting into a new high end phone easier for you. Yay Tmo!!! Moto on the other hand should be ashamed at how they have treated their Cliq XT customers. That " Upgrade to (purchase) a Cliq 2" email that was sent to Cliq XT owners last week was the height of insults. My answer? I ignored them as I moved into my new 4G phone, LOL

Upvote 0
hehe...

but of course, they say it was supposed to be announced today...

Damn them. Seriously. And have you seen Mark's answers? He admitted they have a working 2.1 but it is blocked by the "business partners".

Pfff...

Ok, now... how do I root this thing? Do I need a hammer?

Well, well, well. The Zero Credibility Moderators finally fess up! After having banned the truth tellers, and using their gestapo deleting of posts tactic to erase any semblance of verity, they in the final analysis had to admit what we've all known for MONTHS! There is NO upgrade for the Cliq XT.

The K_ _ _ A_ _ crew lapped as long as physically possible in hopes of getting "chosen" for the Soak-that-never-was or to wear the embarrassing eGGspert logo (to signify their lying ability in the face of overwhelming truth to the contrary?) Fanboys showed up to tout the virtues of MoLove despite any evidence of reciprocal love in the the consumer's direction. I have no respect for any of them. NONE. My one joy in this debacle is knowing that they will reap what they have sown.

Now, XTers, let's make this puppy "do what it do!" Mastermind278 and all Modders --- Have at it!!!

In a parting reference, I made my sentiments known to MrMohtoe at the cash register... Buh-bye!!!

Upvote 0
Hi y'all
I don't have my cliq xt anymore but when I saw the news come through on twitter my blood boiled. I wish I could find mark and bitch slap that turd in the face.
To new people coming here I say this. You found redemption here. The roms available are better than anything moto would of come our with anyway.
Now I'm off to root my mt4g that I got with the help of the fine folks on this thread

Upvote 0
Hi y'all
I don't have my cliq xt anymore but when I saw the news come through on twitter my blood boiled. I wish I could find mark and bitch slap that turd in the face.
To new people coming here I say this. You found redemption here. The roms available are better than anything moto would of come our with anyway.
Now I'm off to root my mt4g that I got with the help of the fine folks on this thread

Re-TARDIS you've got me over here ROTFLOL!!! Good to hear from you again!

@butcheroftexas: I will take a look at this over this weekend, will you be around?

Upvote 0
schoutens1 here, and there (MotoShaft) too. Maybe three posts there, but I read every one of them since August.

I have to say that if I ran my business like MotoShaft did, or treatd my wife like MotoShaft has treated its' customers, I'd be broke and lonely. That whole situation makes me feel angry, and I wish I could handle the situation, and certain people over there, the old-country way...

Enough said. thank you NowVoyager, MasterMind, ADLX, and others deserved for your hard work, openess, and helpfulness. Done the way it should be done!

And on to modding - read all the posts and references here, downloaded all the necessary files, and read reviews. I'm goin' for it today. I'm confident that I won't be looking back. I'll let you all know how it works out!

Thanks again - if MotoShaft had people like you running their company, this thread wouldn't exist ...

Upvote 0
Hi,

I am absolutely new here and I want to go ahead with the 2.1

Hugh2d2 pointed me here in the MOTOFAIL Forum, but hey when I tried to reply to your PM, its failing and then came to know that you were deleted from there. In a way thats good and feels great to come out of the shit place.

Please can anyone tell me how do go about upgrading my CLIQ XT to 2.1

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Upvote 0
Hi to all our "Newbies" which are actually just transplanted family from the old neighborhood, LOL!

My suggestion is to start at the beginning of this thread and read through. No need to rush. One thing we've learned about rooting is that you have to follow the directions to a "T" and then add a level dose of patience...or several doses, LOL

Once you have read through and have an understanding of what to expect, ask questions and let us know where you are in your journey. Someone here will respond - We're all in the water together around here!

We do have a star in our midst: Mastermind278 who creates great ROM's and has worked on rooting the XT from the very beginning. He is a STAR because he tirelessly worked on the XT until we have the present iteration...nearly flawless! They said it couldn't be done but Mastermind and Adlx did it!!!

So, delve right in and ask as many questions as you need. We have a group of wonderful people here who have already rooted their XT's and are willing to help so, just yell out and someone will respond asap!

GOOD ROOTING TO US ALL!!!

NV

Upvote 0
I sometimes like to create things to vent my frustrations. Here's my latest:
Cute little ditty!

Also on the Moh Toe front:

We were told 8 months after being strung along in anticipation, that the MB501 aka the Cliq XT would not be upgraded to 2.1 Yet, here is a version being sold in Korea that by all appearances, runs just fine on 2.1 (Notice that the ad in reference was placed November 22, 2010!) Cliq XT's Cousin across the pond

MOTO_MIX_1p_01.jpg

Upvote 0
After having spent the entire day working on rooting my phone,
I found it to be an interesting experience, and I learned alot.
Overall, success was achieved. I downloaded the files, read
the instructions over, and read all the posts that I could
find. Having done so, I was at times still surprised. One
must follow the directions carefully!
The whole point of this seemed to me to be a process in which
to create what I will term the 'equivalent of a bootable
sdcard,' from which I could wipe the phone, install the new
ROM, and reboot. The 'Recovery' program seems to act as a
shell running on the phone which facilitates everything else.
As soon as I can convince my fiancee that I like it and that
she will too, I'll use this sdcard to upgrade her phone quickly
and easily. It all worked well when I was done on my phone, so
I tried all the ROM's on this site.
The end result was amazing! I can't recommend it enough!
After having been let down by MotoShaft, I discovered that this
truly is like having a new phone. I find that I'm missing
MotoBlur somewhat; I don't know where to go to do the Facebook
things I was doing before. I think I'm suffering from some
sort of social integration withdrawal... It has been a new and
interesting experience.
Having loaded all the ROM's I could find, I found that the
'BBMM278-B2' works the best for me. The MMBB278-B2-StockTheme'
works well for me also, easing my transition into a non-Blur
world and relieving my minor anxiety about feeling disconnected
from the world. Strange, I used to shut my phone off on the
weekends before I got a smart phone, and a fiancee, for that
matter...
I had trouble with the 'BarelyBlurredXTA2SDMM278-Beta2-signed'
ROM. After loading and rebooting, the furthest I could get was
the 'M' symbol, with a tiny black rectangle in the upper left
corner. Also, although the overclocking ROM seemed to work, I
did notice that the Market had difficulty with connection to
internet when using wi-fi.
A couple of observations: some of the Moto MSM ROM files, when
unpacked, were installed in to two directories; one set for
1.5, and one set for 2.1. Thinking incorrectly, I chose to use
the 'su' and 'superuser.apk' files in the 2.1 directory, while
I was really still running 1.5. Don't make the same mistake I
did! In addition, when I launched SuperUser after installation,
I discovered that I had to decline the upgrade it offered me,
and set the notification setting to 'Notification' instead of
'Toast.' Beyond that, no problem.
I have to say, as an engineer, it is marvelous to see a few
whiz kids upstage an oversized corporation. Good stuff! I
can't help but think that if you guys were at Motorola, we
would be here now...
Thanks again to all of you who have worked hard to make this
possible. I wish I was rich, so I could shower all of you with
money, but I am not. Instead, you'll have to settle for my
heartfelt gratitude. If I can share my experience with this
process in order to help someone, please don't hesitate to ask.
WELL DONE!!!

Upvote 0
More details @thatboytitz.

You have to install recovery before loading any ROM so I am uncertain as to what you have done.

Actually that's where I went wrong. I was trying to install recovery and couldn't do it and when I restarted I ended up there. As for the fix, I looked up how to unroot and it worked

Thanks for everything Mastermind278! I finally have your rom installed after 6 hours of doing this. It's awesome so far!

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks for all the good work here by the team.

I was reading the post and also in ModMyMobile and found quite a few ROMs but am confused as to which one should I use? Can anyone guide me? Tell me which one is the best?

I saw some are having issues with the Camera Flash, Notification LED, and compass.

Can someone tell me which ROM has everything working? I dont mind whether that ROM has motoblur or not... I really dont care.

Just need your advice guys..!!

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones