• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Exporting a ROM

A few friends of mine purchased the Fascinate after I got one. I've been supporting their and try to keep them loaded up with all the same customizations that I use. I am wondering if there is a way to export my settings (like saving with Clockwork) but having all of my personal information wiped from the build. Is this possible? How do people create the images we typically download? Would love to be able to load up all the free apps I use and have them be pre-installed if I flash a friends phone.

A few friends of mine purchased the Fascinate after I got one. I've been supporting their and try to keep them loaded up with all the same customizations that I use. I am wondering if there is a way to export my settings (like saving with Clockwork) but having all of my personal information wiped from the build. Is this possible? How do people create the images we typically download? Would love to be able to load up all the free apps I use and have them be pre-installed if I flash a friends phone.

unless you know linux/java and have done somethign like that before a *rom* is out of the question.

however *and im not advocating this* you can share nandroids between people. the problem is that you can't unlink your google account from the nandroid you make in clockwork. i believe you can get around this by putting the nandroid in his clockwork folder, then selecting advanced restore. this should just update your system without data. however i cannot guarentee it wont link his account.

if you really want to do this, have him back up in clockwork put your nandroid in his clockwork folder, advanced restore and then look under accounts in settings after. if your account is not there then you are good to go. if it is, just restore his backup.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones