• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extra digits in phone number

memphis9489

Dec 31, 2009
I am contemplating purchasing a Hero shortly. I have looked through the user manual online to check out some of the features.

One thing that I need is the ability to be able to send additional digits in a phone number.

For example, for my work, I frequently have to call in to a Voice Response Systems. It prompts me for my employee number and password, separated by a asterisk. My employee number and password are quite lengthy and it's a huge pain in the butt to have to manually type this in every time. I would simply like to hit another key and have those digits automatically sent. Most phones have this as a standard feature.

Let's say I need to call the number 888-555-1212. After it answers I am prompted to input my employee number and password (separated by asterisk) i.e. 744159*ABCD1234

Does the HTC Hero have this capability because it does not seem to be documented in the user manual. It would be a deal breaker for me because I have to call this number very frequently.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones