1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Extra digits in phone number

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by memphis9489, Dec 31, 2009.

1. memphis9489

memphis9489 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    I am contemplating purchasing a Hero shortly. I have looked through the user manual online to check out some of the features.

One thing that I need is the ability to be able to send additional digits in a phone number.

For example, for my work, I frequently have to call in to a Voice Response Systems. It prompts me for my employee number and password, separated by a asterisk. My employee number and password are quite lengthy and it's a huge pain in the butt to have to manually type this in every time. I would simply like to hit another key and have those digits automatically sent. Most phones have this as a standard feature.

Let's say I need to call the number 888-555-1212. After it answers I am prompted to input my employee number and password (separated by asterisk) i.e. 744159*ABCD1234

Does the HTC Hero have this capability because it does not seem to be documented in the user manual. It would be a deal breaker for me because I have to call this number very frequently.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Tags: